Whats Cliff doing now?

Also, @FractalAudio, unless it is giving away too much of the secret recipe, I would love to see a behind the scenes clip of this magical IR-capturing robot.

It may not be quite as cool as the kid in me is picturing but...

Maybe it is?
Just go the dynamount website and check it out. They have a demo you do right from your browser. I am sure the machine Cliff and team have is a little custom, but this should give you an idea. I have 2 smaller ones at my studio and they work great.

https://dynamount.com/

This new feature working on MK 1 units is fantastic. Thank you for the insight. While I have no problems with the current Cab block, I'm very exciting to try this out. A new or alternate way of exploring tone is always welcome and can be inspirational in a sound or musical context. Very cool news.

Just go the dynamount website and check it out. They have a demo you do right from your browser. I am sure the machine Cliff and team have is a little custom, but this should give you an idea. I have 2 smaller ones at my studio and they work great.

https://dynamount.com/

Thanks! I must have skimmed the wrong posts. I didn't realize this was a broadly-known tech but thought it was just an in-house development.

I've developed a new alignment technique that perfectly aligns all IRs without destroying phase information (NOT minimum-phase). So you can combine IRs from different cabs/mics without phase problems. This also eliminates the "phasiness" you hear with other approaches.
On first read I overlooked this great piece of news! Will this be available even when importing user IRs?

Really looking forward to this update!

Being able to sweep a mic across the speaker will really help to quickly and easily find a good tone without going through tons of IR's.

Also really like the idea of having fewer well-shot cabs over having a ton of them. 99% of the time I'm using a G12M-25 or V30 impulse.

Looking forward to this development. I learnt very quickly that, for me, I had to select an IR I liked at default amp settings and then start tweaking. If I then changed IR's I would then have to tweak anew and end up chasing my tail in circles. Being able to nudge the mic placement will be a powerful addition. Things are about to get real(er).

I rely on Fractal and the IR industry providers to create "GOOD SOUNDING" IRs for me.

That said, I'm so glad to be using a product, endorsed by the best guitarists on the planet, and supported by the Thomas Edison of modeling.

I never said to eat sugar. Protein and fats for breakfast is best. And technically yes you need glucose to be at least certain levels 24/7.

Indeed!

The Krebs cycle is called glycolysis for a reason.

Hungry Shaun The Sheep GIF by Aardman Animations

Content producers can make their own Dyna-Cabs but they will need to rent our robot and software. We have a second robot for just that.
Ahhhh that's cool, but also a shame as you get bellends like me who are fully capable of doing it, but aren't "content producers" and my work contract would preclude me from being one. Booooo.

For those who are interested:

We chose "quality-over-quantity" for this.

The resulting IRs are 2K samples (as opposed to 1K on other products).

We use a higher spatial sampling frequency (I know what the spatial sampling is on the other products but I won't divulge that out of respect).

I've developed a new alignment technique that perfectly aligns all IRs without destroying phase information (NOT minimum-phase). So you can combine IRs from different cabs/mics without phase problems. This also eliminates the "phasiness" you hear with other approaches.

We captured the IRs at a new studio built by an industry veteran who worked at Power Station and Sony and produced Michael Jackson, Los Lonely Boys, Roberta Flack, et. al.

Sounds really good.
Does this mean when importing 3rd party IRs checking the min phase box will no longer be necessary to play nice with everything else?

Does this mean when importing 3rd party IRs checking the min phase box will no longer be necessary to play nice with everything else?
Importing 3rd party IRs in the current IR format would use the current IR processing method. i dont think you can mix these dynamic placement IRs with old "one mic and position" IRs.

Back
Top Bottom