Whats Cliff doing now?

I guess this would be too much for the FM3 power......I hope to be wrong :(

I don’t know if it’s really that cpu hungry, more a way of swapping between a bunch of different IR’s with a different variable such as mic position by turning a knob, instead of having to go and load a different IR manually

Basically same as Two Notes etc do, unless I’m totally missing something

I guess this would be too much for the FM3 power......I hope to be wrong :(
I don't think so. Basically what it has to do is interpolate between different IRs representing the various mic positions and once that is done, behind the scenes it churns out an IR file which will then be used in your cab sim slot just like using any IR.

It's really more of a question whether FM3 has the storage space for all those new IRs needed for this. I do expect this will show up on the FM3/9 as well.

If not, then ML Sound Lab MIKKO lets you do the same "move a virtual mic on a virtual speaker" thing in a VST plugin, then export your mix as an IR you could load on the FM3. They just released MIKKO 2 with 38 different cabs.

I wonder if FAS will "loan out" their extra robot to the bigger IR makers so there are a few Dyna-Cabs from each company included in the unit, like the IRs we have now?
He said a few posts above, they will have to rent it.

I don’t know if it’s really that cpu hungry, more a way of swapping between a bunch of different IR’s with a different variable such as mic position by turning a knob, instead of having to go and load a different IR manually

Basically same as Two Notes etc do, unless I’m totally missing something
In fact, When line 6 release their new cabs and visual thing in another block, they said this use less cpu than the ir block. Just for information
Then these are not the same products but yeah fm users, don’t be desperate

For those who are interested:

We chose "quality-over-quantity" for this.

The resulting IRs are 2K samples (as opposed to 1K on other products).

We use a higher spatial sampling frequency (I know what the spatial sampling is on the other products but I won't divulge that out of respect).

I've developed a new alignment technique that perfectly aligns all IRs without destroying phase information (NOT minimum-phase). So you can combine IRs from different cabs/mics without phase problems. This also eliminates the "phasiness" you hear with other approaches.

We captured the IRs at a new studio built by an industry veteran who worked at Power Station and Sony and produced Michael Jackson, Los Lonely Boys, Roberta Flack, et. al.

Sounds really good.

I don't think so. Basically what it has to do is interpolate between different IRs representing the various mic positions and once that is done, behind the scenes it churns out an IR file which will then be used in your cab sim slot just like using any IR.

It's really more of a question whether FM3 has the storage space for all those new IRs needed for this. I do expect this will show up on the FM3/9 as well.

If not, then ML Sound Lab MIKKO lets you do the same "move a virtual mic on a virtual speaker" thing in a VST plugin, then export your mix as an IR you could load on the FM3. They just released MIKKO 2 with 38 different cabs.
This ^^, I suspect while Cliff Implemented his own way, in theory like the Helix they should use Less DSP , but I'm just guessing
It would be sad if new Dyna Cabs could not be Implemented in the FM 3

For those who are interested:

We chose "quality-over-quantity" for this.

The resulting IRs are 2K samples (as opposed to 1K on other products).

We use a higher spatial sampling frequency (I know what the spatial sampling is on the other products but I won't divulge that out of respect).

I've developed a new alignment technique that perfectly aligns all IRs without destroying phase information (NOT minimum-phase). So you can combine IRs from different cabs/mics without phase problems. This also eliminates the "phasiness" you hear with other approaches.

We captured the IRs at a new studio built by an industry veteran who worked at Power Station and Sony and produced Michael Jackson, Los Lonely Boys, Roberta Flack, et. al.

Sounds really good.
Eggplant emoji

Content producers can make their own Dyna-Cabs but they will need to rent our robot and software. We have a second robot for just that.
I expected you would use the Dynamount units for the robot. What makes yours different, if it's not a secret? I understand if you have special software to use for capturing and mapping the IRs.

This ^^, I suspect while Cliff Implemented his own way, in theory like the Helix they should use Less DSP , but I'm just guessing
It would be sad if new Dyna Cabs could not be Implemented in the FM 3
yes I am interested in how this can be implemented for the FM3 - if not on the unit then a cablab 4? very exciting times

Back
Top Bottom