Whats better, connecting SPDIF or TRS connection?

I meant converters, not preamps. The Clarett uses the same converters as the Babyface Pro (AK 5388A and AK 4413). The scarlett uses Cirrus Logic CS4272 which is not good apparently. The difference is big.
Actually is the other way around.

There was a fire at the AKM factory which lead Focusrite to design the new Clarett+ line around the Cirrus Logic converters, which Cliff already stated being better than AKM.

if all Im doing is playing and practicing, but not really recording, does it really matter? is it ok to connect axe fx to my interface with 2 TRS cables rather than SPDIF?

if all Im doing is playing and practicing, but not really recording, does it really matter? is it ok to connect axe fx to my interface with 2 TRS cables rather than SPDIF?
If all you are doing is "playing and practicing" why do you even need another interface?

SPDIF is a digital connection. No need for it to be "balanced" since it transfers digital data. It is stereo and one RCA connection is the send and the other is the receive side of the transmission. If you are connecting the FM3 to another audio interface this would be the best way to connect it, since it will avoid having to do another A/D and D/A conversion. Just make sure you use the proper SPDIF cable and not a typical audio RCA cable.

Not sure why you would not just connect the FM3 via USB and use it as the interface when you want to record guitar. This is the easiest way to do it and gives less chance of complexity or issue.
Because the FM3 glitches constantly as a USB audio interface. Totally useless .
I know this is a year old post , but I'm new to this issue and need SPDIF to work around the madness

Because the FM3 glitches constantly as a USB audio interface. Totally useless .
I know this is a year old post , but I'm new to this issue and need SPDIF to work around the madness

That's usually a sign of insufficient cpu on your computer and/or a buffer size that is set too low. Otherwise, I'd check with FAS support since you seem to have an unusual problem.

Back
Top Bottom