Whatever Happened To AOTW?

I think that the biggest problem is what information to have on each amp.

The useful stuff to know is:
* What is the basic sound
* What are the amps strengths
* What are the weaknesses
* what can be achieved with tweaks

I think that a large part of the problem, at least for me, is that there is so much stuff in the AFX now that I doesn't really know what effect it has.
Some idea of "if you turn this up, this happens" or "dropping this does this" would be nice.

Great idea for general guitary goodness!

I must add my 2 cents if only as thanks to Fabio. I too read every word of every post (often multiple times). The original AOTW pretty much coincided with receiving my Axe. As a completely inexperienced newb the posts were a godsend. I remember how the tips relating to the 59 Bassman completely enhanced my Axe experience and gave me the confidence to tweak the factory presets and better yet to try and build my own. Since then I have become much more comfortable with building presets and still refer back to the AOTW posts! So first of all thank you Fabio! and secondly huge kudos to Anthony Z for getting it going again. While some anecdotes about real world users and the actual amps are really interesting, I love to hear what guys are doing with the Axe model, from tweaks and settings to favourite cabs. In any case thanks for AOTW!

As the problem always is (almost for me ) to have good reference for what i'm working on , just to stay focused ... It would be awesome to have reference audio files to get into the mood of the real ones ...
I know it is possible to find out googling ... But it would be really time saving to have something like that directly inside the AOTW threada or stiki or whatever will be choosen to collect this informations [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom