What would you do (buying AX8 used)?

patrickrussell

Inspired
I have an opportunity to get an AX8 for $250 off new. It's still got slightly more than 10 months on the factory warranty. Since the warranty isn't transferable, the seller is willing to let me go through him for service if ever needed. He's local to me. I'm very tempted but being a tech guy by trade who has had to utilize the AX8 warranty in the past on another one, I'm hesitant. Warranties on tech products are important to me.

What would you do?

I bought a used one for a great deal. No issues here...... With the seller being local and willing to help you if there is an issue, seems like a no-brainer?

Seems like a pretty solid deal to me, and 250 off is not bad at all. My AX8 had a problem out of the box but its replacement has been just fine. Dunno what your warranty issue was or what issues have been in general.

If I was buying a Line 6 product, I would prefer to have a warranty... Fractal gear needing service in the first year is pretty rare.

LOVE my Fractal Gear!!
I have purchased quite a few Fractal products (9 including Ultra's, Axe II's, AX8, FX8, 3 MFC's) and EVERY Fractal was purchased new. One reason is I feel the same about "tech" items needing a warranty even if it's only 1yr.
That said, I have NEVER had to use my warranty on ANY item.
I would feel confident buying a quality used Fractal item, regardless of which one.
The only caveat is the AX8 and FX8 have lots of buttons like an MFC, yet also with the electronics of the other bigger units. So as long as it's in good shape, no worries.
Your potential purchase, with the aid of your seller (warranty wise) seems like a great option.
Best of luck!!

If you know him and he's local - maybe he would let you take it for a couple days and you could run it through it's paces, just to give yourself some peace of mind. (I'd still buy it though! lol)

I have needed warranty work onnother fractal gear. FAS is always super cool and fast turn around time on repaires. With that said I would not blink about buying used FAS gear ( I have before) I want a second Ax and it will def be used. Some B stocks just popped up for sale but are still a bit more than what I hopped to pay

As I read it, the seller is offering to cover the remainder of the warranty by fraudulently claiming to still be the owner.

1) Do you trust him to commit that fraud for you?

2) Do you really want to be a party to that?

Back
Top Bottom