What will be the DSP chip?

No, wrong again.
I posted because this topic interest me, I just don't agree with it; that is the whole point of a forum, to discuss and debate.
Not every discussion is going to line up with your opinions. :)

Eitherway, I'm done replying to your thoughts on who should/shouldn't post in a thread; they are off-topic to this thread.

Really? Please take a look at posts #2 and #4.

Nuff said.

but to consider future upgrades the chip is not the only factor.
You also need to know how much memory and storage space is left over etc etc.

That's true. BUT, I think most people will agree that the chip is a tiny bit important. Just a little bit, lol.

BTW, I thought you were done :).

Well, the Axe uses TigerSHARC chips. And the FX8 includes a subset of the blocks from the Axe. Cliff has stated that the FX8 will continue to get improvements from Axe development. IOW, the development of the FX8 was not a onetime port of the code. So how many chips out there are 100% compatible with a TigerSHARC?

The reviews and sound clips speak for themselves, IMO.
Getting hung up on what chip it has is a non-issue really.

Can anyone confirm if you can directly copy blocks from the Axe Fx to the FX8?

Last edited:
Not buying the axfx or the fx8, because it doesn't have the right chips, is bordering on a mental issues, as that's not the bit you should be comparing, if anything you want to be comparing the algorithms, and what are you comparing them with???

The exception would be if your looking for compatibility with other fractal products, fair enough, however this is fairly clear by now

I must admit i'm morbidly curious as to what the chips are, as i have a friend that claims his md20s are better than whats in the axe fx, i don't know whats in the md20s but id like to prove him wrong, but if not who cares, what other product sounds as good as the Axefx in as many areas, nothing, so the point is moot

2 cents given

Not buying the axfx or the fx8, because it doesn't have the right chips, is bordering on a mental issues, as that's not the bit you should be comparing, if anything you want to be comparing the algorithms, and what are you comparing them with???

The exception would be if your looking for compatibility with other fractal products, fair enough, however this is fairly clear by now

I must admit i'm morbidly curious as to what the chips are, as i have a friend that claims his md20s are better than whats in the axe fx, i don't know whats in the md20s but id like to prove him wrong, but if not who cares, what other product sounds as good as the Axefx in as many areas, nothing, so the point is moot

2 cents given

Was thinking the same. What would drive a person to say, "FECK, I am not buying this, it hasnt got a DSPüberultraspeedXXX chip in it"

...i have a friend that claims his md20s are better than whats in the axe fx...
Okay, I'll bite. What's an md20?

So far, I've found an MD20 microwave mixer, an MD-20 CD player, and an MD20 water pump.

sorry, thats how much i don't care about it, i think its actually called Line 6 StageScape M20d

its a mixer we currently use, however it is so line 6, the gay factor is through the roof, sure it does some good things, however the interface is stupid, give me moterised dials and sliders any day

i have a friend that claims his md20s are better than whats in the axe fx, i don't know whats in the md20s but id like to prove him wrong, but if not who cares, what other product sounds as good as the Axefx in as many areas, nothing, so the point is moot

This makes no sense. DSPs don't make the product, the people writing the software that runs on the DSPs make the product.

Last edited:
This makes no sense. DSPs don't make the product, the people writing the software that runs the DSPs make the product.

Yup, agreed, comparing dsps on products that are completly diffrent, (like said friend), is completely nonsensical

...i have a friend that claims his md20s are better than whats in the axe fx, i don't know whats in the md20s but id like to prove him wrong,...
I'm curious to know how how your friend knows what processor is in the M20D. Line6 themselves don't say anything more specific than "massive processing power."

I'm curious to know how how your friend knows what processor is in the M20D. Line6 themselves don't say anything more specific than "massive processing power."

He probably doesn't, lets just say out of the 7 billion people on this planet, this one guy sometimes gets on my nerves more than the others

Even that is not guaranteed unless Fractal advertise so.
E.g. you can't share presets between the Axe Fx II and XL/XL+, even though they are very similar hardware wise.
I'm sure when it was announced people thought it would be possible, but there are enough small changes 'under the hood' that makes it not possible.

Simply knowing what DSP something has really does not tell you anything, neither does it prove anything.

Back
Top Bottom