What will be Fractal's next product?

It's a floor unit. Among other things, it provides a better looper :encouragement:

Hopefully Fractal remains the 800lb Gorilla here in this market. I have no problem with $2200 for this unit. Listening to Cliff, I don't think he would intentionally water anything down. Getting into lower price point markets though can be a double-edged sword on many levels. Like he said in the video....the product sold itself and the people came to Fractal. Keep it that way!

Steve

I also think it is a floor unit.

Cliff gave it away when he said:

It's not a replacement for the Axe-Fx. It addresses a different market segment.

Hopefully Fractal remains the 800lb Gorilla here in this market. I have no problem with $2200 for this unit. Listening to Cliff, I don't think he would intentionally water anything down. Getting into lower price point markets though can be a double-edged sword on many levels. Like he said in the video....the product sold itself and the people came to Fractal. Keep it that way!

Steve

It sounds kind of elitist of you to say that fractal cannot make a less expensive product! I think that is pure crap!

There is absolutely NO REASON to think they cannot have a high end market and a lower end market.

You ever hear of PRS guitar's? They make some of the most expensive production and custom or "private stock" guitars in the world (PRS Dragon anyone?) and yet they ALSO make the SE line of guitars.

From what I have seen, both are great products and both have done extremely well.

Just because you are making a lower end product at a cheaper price point does not mean you are "watering" anything down!

And just because you or I own a axe fx II does not mean everyone can. So why NOT make something other people can afford?

Last edited:
Mass producing these...

92HbjEZ.jpg

Cliff seems like a nice guy on the video.
Fractal is going for a new product with cheaper price point to target more people who don't necessary have a lot of cash to spend. To me, it will be a derivative of all the work Cliff has done so far, not an entirely new product. He said that he didn't want to sacrifice on quality.
I bet it's gonna be a software only version of the axe-Fx.

Cliff seems like a nice guy on the video.
Fractal is going for a new product with cheaper price point to target more people who don't necessary have a lot of cash to spend. To me, it will be a derivative of all the work Cliff has done so far, not an entirely new product. He said that he didn't want to sacrifice on quality.
I bet it's gonna be a software only version of the axe-Fx.

If it was a software version of the axe, then it COULD be considered a replacement, which Cliff said it was not.

It would be awesome if its a floor version with amp modeling and a expression pedal, with CAT5 or MIDI for control of the Axe 2.
That way I could get a good MIDI controller, and also a backup rig in the same box.

I think it will be a studio gear, with lots of tube studio gears MIMIC'd. (Neve, Harrison, Fairchild, Teletronix, Pultec, Manley, etc...)
...at least I wish it would be .

Back
Top Bottom