What was your first Digital Modeler?

My first experience with the Korg Pandora was about 20 yrs ago in Iraq; it was a friend's.

The term "garbage" is relative. We were like junkies needing a fix! :guitar: :p
I got it because I was travelling for work all the time. I tried to use it but it was just aweful no matter what I tried. I even looked up other peoples settings. Seemed most of those settings had a ton of “Swirl” (effects) on them. I just wanted one usable tone. It didn’t have to be clean or distorted either. But there wasn’t anything usable to be found.
The core issue was the poor tones made me feel it was my playing that was the problem- and it wasn’t.

COSM in the VS-880.

I loved that crap. Then POD.

Then PODxt. what a turd.

Then Vetta. great amp, terrible direct.

Then Ultra, and AxeFx from then on. Great ride.

Oh, and a Zoom 9002!

It got stolen along with a snare drum and my 4track from the back of our van while we were playing.

Best thing for that thing. Gross.

I believe my first was an Ibanez PT3DX after I saw Dave Uhrich do a clinic using one. My next I believe was a Digitech RP10. In college I had a Rocktron Chameleon. I'm old

Mine was some iteration of a Zoom 505. In hindsight, it sounded absolutely terrible, but it was better than what I could get out of my cheap solid state combo practice amp at the time.. so I was pretty stoked on it haha

This would have been around 2001 or so, we definitely had it rough back then!

I think from what I remember, I started with this guy....Boss GX-700

261531-SH-205-2544%20(2).JPG

was a great unit for the time but the thing kept resetting itself!!! As it usually does, it took Boss a good 2 years before there was a firmware update! LOL.

Back
Top Bottom