What was your first Digital Modeler?

Ron_R

Power User
I got a Zoom 9002 way back and it was INCREDIBLE. I loved it until the earphones jack broke and I couldn't get a replacement. Since then, I think I've owned just about every digital type modeler/computer plug in except the Neural DSP and a Kemper.

I owned a Fender Mustang amp and a later Line 6 bean and HATED them. I couldn’t get any good sounds. Decent usable sounds for practice, yes, but I didn’t like them.
I sold my tube amps within six months of buying my AxeIII.

A buddy gave me one of those Fender Champs with modeling preamp. Actually not too bad into a OD pedal and 412 cab. Then I needed a portable solution during a relocation and bought a Pod XT. Pretty much junk but set clean with OD pedal in front it served it’s purpose.

Doesn't quite count, but a CyberTwin, mix of tube, solid state, and digital.
And before that, really doesn't count, a small Yamaha desktop thing whose name I don't remember, mostly digital fx but some awful guitar stuff.
And after those, Helix floor, then Axe III.

I worked in a music instrument/record store while going to university in 1989-93, so I was blessed
to play a lot of the initial bastard children of the digital revolution.

I used to think it was insane how much some of it cost. Nuts! Many of the pieces were considerably
more expensive than an FM3 is now, and that was 30+ years ago. Players were ravenous about it, too.

Back
Top Bottom