what the.. "The only Full Tube, 100% Analogue, Modelling Guitar Amplifier"

there's the idea, I get that, but the guitar is out of tune, everything sounds the same (I agree Sixstring) and it's clipping. When I understood the idea I was like "oh, nice. that sounds like a different approach" but then I heard it and was like "EW!". They need better videos to demo this thing, that's for sure. It sure does not sound like an axe-fx (the youtube version of an recorded axe-fx that is.) It's like an halfway approach to the axe-fx. digital, but still analog. well if it sounds analog, but it's all digital and you can't tell the difference then BOOM ----> digital <3 (I must sound like an axe-fx fanboy now. well there's a reason.)

It would be nice to hear it with someone who knows how to tune and play through it there might be some specific uses that it might be good for. Then again as has been already mentioned, all the models do sound the same with different EQ and gain being used.

As to sounding like a fanboy... It's ok man! I'm one also as are most everyone here, I know it sounds like preaching to the quire but when we are all singing the same tune it's one big glorious harmony :lol.

Move along, nothing new to see here.....
ndywsrov9mb4uingcepb.jpg

I don't mean to be an ass, but it kind of sounds like shit. And they all have a very similar underlying character. It's a neat idea, but from what I've seen, it doesn't seem to be executed well.

Agree, it doesn't sound great. Hard to tell from the way he plays though....a tuner would help too.

The modular design reminds of a Randall RM series amp, only less well packaged. There's more about the Klonz amp out on youtube. However, the more that I hear him talk, the less I think he actually knows about the finer details of amp building.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ. I was reading the comments while listening to this video. And, I was wondering why everyone was ragging on his playing. While I didn't think it was that bad.
Then..... His high-gain demos kicked in and uhhhhhh. Not only do they sound completely awful. But, his guitar is horribly out of tune (tuning a 6-string 24.75" scaled guitar at drop A doesn't help).
You can also tell he's not used to playing in those tunings.

I hardly notived a difference from amp to amp. They all just sounded like adjusted gain levels to me.

I liked the Randall Preamp modules approach much better. If they would have coupled that with a power amp like the L6 power amp that could change output topology, you'd be way better off.

I already have something that gives me a million tonal combinations. It's called the AxeFX II.

Pedestrian playing, not that I could do any better, but someone like Pete Thorn would give a better representation of what this thing's capable of.

I don't think this is really designed as a competitor to the AxeFX. It's more of a do-it-yourself amp builder kit. I think it's a novel idea.

Last edited:
The baritone was complete mush and there wss definitely a sameness to the showcase. My tones or playing isnt good (terrible in fact) but even I would think twice before uploading that one and asking for the better part of a years salary based on it.

Seems like the old Fender Cybertwin approach.

I had one of those for a short while! It worked okay, but my red knob "The Twin" sounds so much better. Sold it within a year or so. It was cool that the knobs had motors to turn them, but imagine if all of those motors would break! Yikes!

how would you compare the Fender Cybertwin to the Vox Valvetronix ad120vt? (the 2x12" combo with celestion seventy-80 speakers and the elegant blue diaminod grill cloth)

I've installed a couple of Celestion vintage 30's in my valvetronix ad120vt and it sounds amazing. I've never heard lead tones like it. I have to make some more tone matches when I've moved to the new apartment.

I've never had the chance to try the Fender Cybertwin, and I've always been curious about how it sounds compared to the Vox Valvetronix ad120vt.

Oh yeah and the Vox Valvetronix ad120vt would be cool to MIMIC/G3 (or what it's called these days)

because the poweramp is kind of unique - 2 x 12ax7's in the poweramp! that's the "valvetronix" part.

The Vox Valvetronix is far superior to the Cybertwin. Having owned both, I sold the Cybertwin within a year.

I don’t know if any of you were on the Harmony Central boards back in the day when that guy came up with the Klopz speakers (a speaker mounted inside an octoban drum shell) but I thought for sure that’s what this guy’s amp was called. :tearsofjoy: At least the level of disillusionment is the same.

In regards to the riff he played over and over, I have to imagine he came up with it before making the demo and practiced it enough to fuck it up in the same spot over and over. Oof.

Back
Top Bottom