What ships with the axe 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdolll

Inspired
Got my order placed today and I'm wondering if any of the guys who have received theirs already can speak to whether or not the updates for axe edit and the new firmware for the mfc are included in the box?

Can't tell you what's in the packing carton, but [AFAIK] AxeEdit has never shipped with a unit. It's only been available from the support section of the forum. This holds true for firmware upgrades for AxeFx and MFC (tho' they DO usually arrive w/ latest firmware).

Got mine today.
Comes with Axe 2, manual and power cable.
No Software with mine.

how'd you guys get one? the shopping cart is empty as normal haha! did you go through a waiting list from a dealer? or did you use the fractal sales site link off their main page? thanks!

Most everyone who got them waited and refreshed the store again and again until they got one.

There is a whole slew of people on here who did this and will be doing this for the next few weeks, it's the only way to get one right now unless you drive to fractal.

Yes, this is a totally bizarre process to be honest, but anyone who makes any comment about it is quickly chastised by the Kool Aid drinkers.
"Don't make Cliff mad or he will stop making them". GMFAFB-he has $800,000 in potential orders he can capture right now if he had product ready according to the poll of people ready to buy now.

Would be much better to let people order and then Fractal ship and charge your card as they become ready.
You would know where you were at in line and when to expect your unit.
No one has any clue at this point what is going on.
My guess is he loses $100,000 in initial orders from people just giving up trying to catch the 3 minutes a day the store has product.
He can do what he wants as it is his business-but this is very strange IMO.

My guess is he loses $100,000 in initial orders from people just giving up trying to catch the 3 minutes a day the store has product.

So true. There's a lot of people who have up and decided that the Ultra will have to do, in lieu of rage-filled circlejerking. I'll wait it out, but it's really aggravating.

So true. There's a lot of people who have up and decided that the Ultra will have to do, in lieu of rage-filled circlejerking. I'll wait it out, but it's really aggravating.

I would be happy to place my order, get an email that says you are number 139 and shipping of your unit is estimated to be week of July 11th- and be done with it.

The other option would have been to time the product announcement a little closer to when the product was available.

That being said, I think precious few gear builders of any sort ever deal with the fanatical have-to-have-it-now insanity that goes on with Fractal products. I love my Axe FX and give Cliff serious props for creating such a top notch unit. But the situation that has developed with the Cliff worship and the "I love my Axe more than my mother" mentality is rare to say the least. Easy to back seat drive Cliff's company when we don't know all the variables that go into the decisions he makes. One things for sure - we're a crazy bunch, and continuing to earn our wild devotion is probably quite daunting.

Yes, this is a totally bizarre process to be honest, but anyone who makes any comment about it is quickly chastised by the Kool Aid drinkers.
"Don't make Cliff mad or he will stop making them". GMFAFB-he has $800,000 in potential orders he can capture right now if he had product ready according to the poll of people ready to buy now.

Would be much better to let people order and then Fractal ship and charge your card as they become ready.
You would know where you were at in line and when to expect your unit.
No one has any clue at this point what is going on.

Poll, huh?

If those people were given the chance to buy right now, Id be surprised if even a quarter of them could pony up the money on the spot. Lots of talk out there. Everyone is a big man with a wad of cash come Poll-time.

The other option would have been to time the product announcement a little closer to when the product was available.

That being said, I think precious few gear builders of any sort ever deal with the fanatical have-to-have-it-now insanity that goes on with Fractal products. I love my Axe FX and give Cliff serious props for creating such a top notch unit. But the situation that has developed with the Cliff worship and the "I love my Axe more than my mother" mentality is rare to say the least. Easy to back seat drive Cliff's company when we don't know all the variables that go into the decisions he makes. One things for sure - we're a crazy bunch, and continuing to earn our wild devotion is probably quite daunting.

Happens all of the time in smaller high end audio product roll outs. I have seen it a hundred times on very similar motherboard/chassis platforms.
Just take the orders and people can wait (the shorter the wait the better). He is past the point of having to try to convince people to buy it. He has 400 people ready to buy now.
The added check the store everyday hurdle is simply a PITA.

Poll, huh?

If those people were given the chance to buy right now, Id be surprised if even a quarter of them could pony up the money on the spot. Lots of talk out there. Everyone is a big man with a wad of cash come Poll-time.
I actually think 350-400 people is likely in ballpark and it should become a decent self sustaining flow of new orders for several months.
I am sure it will be a great success-just get some help and fill the orders.
The confusing and restricted order process does not create mystique-only frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom