What setup are you gonna build with AX8

My plan is to just integrate a few pedals. A bad horsie wah, ts9, zvex fuzz factory, electro harmonix double muff, to the ax8 with an expression pedal to FOH and a powered speaker for stage volume.

Guitar --> Line6 G50 --> AX8 + 2 Mission expression pedals (one spring loaded for wah and pitch bender, one not) --> FOH

All of this on a Brady pedalboard, with furman power underneath. Also, a livewire headphone amp on the pedalboard for late night tweaking. Finally, a Yamaha DXR10 for my personal monitor and building presets (can go between the phones and the dxr10 to dial it in).

I have everything sitting in my jam room right now, waiting for the AX8 to be set in place... I'm not counting the hours or anything :)

I'm also going to build copies of my presets without the amp/cab emulation enabled so I can run into my combo tube amp when gigs call for it. (places with small or no PA).

I sold my II :( and shipped it today as well as my Rocktron Midimate so I'm flush with cash :)
I have a full band gig tomorrow night and will be using:
Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe (just got in today) -> Zoom G3X -> FOH/IEM/Monitor (for drummer who does not have IEMs.
When the AX8 FINALLY DROPS I plan to replace Wampler and G3X, although I actually like the Pinnacle a lot at first glance!
For guys using the L6 G50 -> AX8 combination, how are you supplying power?
Are you also going to place on a pedal board? Maybe a PT Junior would suffice?
Would a Voodoo PP+ be able to power the AX8 along with your wireless?

I have an acoustic duo on Saturday night, All G3X for that one! Again, TB replaced with AX8 when I finally get the damn thing! :)

I'm getting everything together to build up an all in one pedalboard with the ax8 as the centrepiece. I'll go guitar to an axess electronics bs-2 which will split to a TC polytune on one output, a reamp out on the second and into a Digitech drop for the third. The drop will then feed a 4 channel loop switcher populated with a compulator, an EVH phase 90 (coz it looks so cool) an Eventide H9 (in pre/post mode) and a Boss FB-2 (good for a bit of low volume fun). This will then hit the front end of the ax8 and in the loop I'll have an jhs modded EHX soul food in the left channel and the post part of the H9 in the right channel. This should give me tons of flexibility and more than enough power to get pretty much any sound I want. I'll have 2 expression pedals for the ax8 and 1 for the H9 as well as 2 momentary switches for the ax8.

The compulator, phase 90 and H9 can take a bit of cpu off the ax8 pre-amplifier if required or the post part of the H9 can do the same after the amplifier. It will only be in mono but the way I see it, the ax8 will have great stereo effects and the H9 will be used if I am processor limited or if there is something special I can't get from the ax8. I can place the loop before the amplifier on the grid and feed it with the soul food if I need the whole Klone thing.

All the pedals will be powered by a Truetone CS7 and I'm building a custom board to house the lot. When I get started, I'll start up a thread and document the lot with pics.

Sounds like one hell of a setup :)
I am guessing, your loop switcher can be controlled by Ax8, that would make it seriously awesome.

Hoping to keep it down to AX8, mission pedal, and an Atomic CLR or some sort of monitor on stage. Direct to FOH. With FX8 I couldn't create an OD pedal that I liked more than my Tim, but hoping not to need that with this rig.

Simple. Guitar -> Ax8 and EXP Pedal -> PA

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yup. I don't see the point in NOT taking advantage of this Compact , all-in-one , direct-to-mixer , guitar sound solution , by adding other pedals , or by incorporating amplifiers. Keep It Simple S.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yup. I don't see the point in NOT taking advantage of this Compact , all-in-one , direct-to-mixer , guitar sound solution , by adding other pedals , or by incorporating amplifiers. Keep It Simple S.

Exactly my point. I have my pedal boards and real amps for more complex rigs. The whole idea of ax8 is portability and ease of use for live gigs and jammings which I really like.

Sounds like one hell of a setup :)
I am guessing, your loop switcher can be controlled by Ax8, that would make it seriously awesome.
It's probably going to be a manual loop switcher and I'll just add effects as needed.

I get what all the guys are saying about wanting to keep it simple and I If I played fly gigs or lots of different venues, I would be totally going down that road but I hardly ever play gigs and I love the idea of having everything in one floor unit. I'm downsizing from an axefx II and MFC and the pedals I have kept since owning that rig are the ones I am using. I also like the idea of making up a really nice pedalboard (it's healthy to have a hobby). I often have to move my rig around the house to practice and this will be much easier to move around and set up (and it will sound bitchin).

I also do not mind setting up a pedalboard, as I will have to set up a microphone stand, in-ears anyway. If I can integrate everything on a pedal board, I will be set up and ready to perform blisteringly fast.

I do not think, I will be getting any expression pedals. I cannot remember the last time, I had any kind of rocking pedal on my board.

I also do not mind setting up a pedalboard, as I will have to set up a microphone stand, in-ears anyway. If I can integrate everything on a pedal board, I will be set up and ready to perform blisteringly fast.

I do not think, I will be getting any expression pedals. I cannot remember the last time, I had any kind of rocking pedal on my board.

I get where you are coming from but expression pedals can be cool. Volume swells, effect mixes, delay swells, rotary speed, gain, whammy and all sorts of cool stuff is there for the taking. All changeable per preset too. I love it.

That's why I might get one. While I do not really use wah (I use auto wah), whammy, volume pedals or these things live, I guess it would be OK to have one, so I at least have the option, if I want to fool around (or if I should create a need for it)

My plan is to just integrate a few pedals. A bad horsie wah, ts9, zvex fuzz factory, electro harmonix double muff, to the ax8 with an expression pedal to FOH and a powered speaker for stage volume.
You will be able to make most of those tones no problem in your AX8. I would consider replicating them and ditching them. You will see how good this thing is soon.

Back
Top Bottom