What router are you using with the X32?

Update- ended up going with the Asus Rt-AC68U, and upgraded with RMerlin firmware. Killer unit, got a fantastic "daily deal" from Frys so the price was more than right. Learning the ins and outs of programming Merlin's FW was fairly easy (and extremely educational) and really made this baby rock.

Thanks again for all your suggestions and comments.

Update- ended up going with the Asus Rt-AC68U, and upgraded with RMerlin firmware. Killer unit, got a fantastic "daily deal" from Frys so the price was more than right. Learning the ins and outs of programming Merlin's FW was fairly easy (and extremely educational) and really made this baby rock.

Thanks again for all your suggestions and comments.
are there any benefits from RMerlin for x32 usage?

Merlins FW is as bug-free as Asus ware gets, which is it's major merit. It also boasts performance enhancements, but for what we're using it for it's pretty much a non-issue (unless you're connecting to the net with it at gigs, which I don't).

There are some add-ons versus the stock Asus ware, but even so his version is a lot "cleaner" and easier to navigate. That was what I dug the most for the X32- I had the router set up and communicating flawlessly in minutes with the Merlin, and it made delving deeper into custom settings a lot easier than the stock ware. I always thought setting up my Airports was easy, but this was stupid easy and I was doing a lot more tweaking than I've ever done to a router.

I've come to the conclusion that I prefer physical faders for everyday work.
Sold my X Air XR18.
Bought a X32 Producer Touring Pack (hard case) for a fantastic price, and already liking it much better.
Too bad it doesn't have scribble strips but there are ways around it.

For my X32 Rack, I use a Buffalo AirStation WHR-600D Dual Band router. Was $20 after rebate from TigerDirect. I use only the 5G and turned off the 2.4G. No dropouts at all using a Nexus 10 tablet running Mixing Station Pro.

I've come to the conclusion that I prefer physical faders for everyday work.
Sold my X Air XR18.
Bought a X32 Producer Touring Pack (hard case) for a fantastic price, and already liking it much better.
Too bad it doesn't have scribble strips but there are ways around it.
all you have to do is select the channel then hit the home button.. channel name is top left of the screen - assuming you gave the channel a "scribble strip" assignment. :)

all you have to do is select the channel then hit the home button.. channel name is top left of the screen - assuming you gave the channel a "scribble strip" assignment. :)

Thanks, yes, discovered that.
Still, nothing beats a quick glance at labels. :)

Thanks, yes, discovered that.
Still, nothing beats a quick glance at labels. :)
LOL - so true.. but the Producer is like a mini-X32 minus the scribble strips, a few inputs/outputs and faders :)
We use one too.

Reactions: yek
LOL - so true.. but the Producer is like a mini-X32 minus the scribble strips, a few inputs/outputs and faders :)
We use one too.
That's really good information. I've been thinking of going the X32 route, and this seems like a good balance of features.

Yeah, very happy with it, even for home use.

Limited Input faders indeed, but easy to work around by assigning those to busses.

Now I have to get that "always press Select first"-routine in my system. :)

Using a Netgear R7000 router, works well so far. Far easier than the built-in modem in the XR18.

Loads of fun using the built-in recording facility (USB stick).

I’m using this one now. Small and works great. Tether option from a phone with USB if your network needs internet for something.

GL.iNet GL-SFT1200 (Opal) Secure Travel WiFi Router – AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Ethernet https://a.co/d/aYWy4pV

Back
Top Bottom