What is this audio phenomenon?

Sorry I haven't read through all the questions and answers, but is this only on one preset? Have you tried different amps, just to troubleshoot the Axe Fx? Have you eliminated all other blocks and one by one bring them back online? Amp settings? Saturation?

Sorry I haven't read through all the questions and answers, but is this only on one preset? Have you tried different amps, just to troubleshoot the Axe Fx? Have you eliminated all other blocks and one by one bring them back online? Amp settings? Saturation?
No worries. Appreciate all efforts!

The sound is present on any high gain I’ve tried. I haven’t tried every single amp in the unit but the ones I’ve tried it’s there. This example is Devin Townsend’s GOT preset (Herbie ch3) with the delay disabled. It’s a pretty basic preset with in-drive-amp-cab-delay-PEQ-out if you haven’t seen it.

This is what’s up next…
  • try a friend’s QC to totally remove the Axe from the equation
  • rebuild this preset from scratch adding blocks one at a time
  • adjust the gain from zero up see when the sound appears.
-possibly reset and reinstall on the Axe

My RGB lit-up keyboard gives a lot of fizz if the LEDs are on. Otherwise it's dead silent. Some monitors also do this.

Try to eliminate any extra electronics around you if possible, physically move away from them and then try to record. Does it go away?

Back
Top Bottom