What is the thread size of the bottom screws on an MFC?

Hey all,

I am getting my pedal board together and have mounted everything except the MFC because I couldn't find the right screw at any local stores.

I need a screw that's 1" to 1.25" in length so I can mount my MFC to my 3/4" thick pedalboard.

Does anyone know the exact size? The best I could find was a 6-32 and the thread is just too coarse.

Thanks!

Greg

Try a 6-40. I don't know the actual screw spec for the MFC, but if you're correct on the diameter and you can run in a 6-40 by hand with little effort, you're probably good to go.

I'm lucky enough to live in a town with two real hardware stores, where you can buy screws from a bin. If all you've got available is Home Depot or Lowe's, they'll make you buy enough screws to build a tank. :(

disassembled,
They are M3.5 x 60 screws. I did the same thing you are doing and had the same problem. They can be bought at Graingers and at different lengths.

Cool — advice from someone who knows, instead of my guesswork. Thanks!

My pleasure.
Mounting the MFC-1 to a pedalboard or pedal road cases is pretty easy. You can take the wraparound chassis apart and use the bottom as a template to drill your screw holes. Put it back together and mount it for a perfect fit.

My pleasure.
Mounting the MFC-1 to a pedalboard or pedal road cases is pretty easy. You can take the wraparound chassis apart and use the bottom as a template to drill your screw holes. Put it back together and mount it for a perfect fit.

Exactly my plans. I did this for my 2 CryBaby shells with great results. I love having pedals securely attached to my pedalboard and wasn't about to trust hook and loop fasteners for this. Thanks for all of the discussion guys.

Greg

Hey Rex,
I emailed Fractal about the size and they weren't even sure but were close. They thought maybe they were M4 so I bought M4 only to find out they were wrong. Glad to have done the homework on this one and to be able to help. I've learnt so much from you guys about this digital world of MFC and Axe-Fx. A big thank you back. Jim

Cool. Thanks for the update. M3.5...M4... they're equivalent if you have a big enough hammer. :)

Exactly my plans. I did this for my 2 CryBaby shells with great results. I love having pedals securely attached to my pedalboard and wasn't about to trust hook and loop fasteners for this. Thanks for all of the discussion guys.

Greg

Hey, what size screws did you use with the Crybaby shells?

Back
Top Bottom