What is the equivalent Amp block Dynamics setting V6.02 to V7?

groovenut

Power User
In the amp block, the Dynamics setting in V6 went from zero. In V7 the Dynamics setting goes from -100% to 100%. Would the old V6 setting of zero be -100% or Zero in V7?

Thanks in advance!

I believe zero. I think negative dynamics is supposed to reduce pick attack or something.

Thank for posting this Groovenut!

I'm asking similar questions and looking for some tweaking guidance as well along these lines. I posted this in the 7.0 sticky thread...

Does such a document still exist? This would aid me greatly in attempting to dial in settings in the more advanced pages of the amp block.

I'm mainly interested in settings that will help to retain the sustain and saturation I need in the gain. A nice crisp pick attack is great, but if it's at the cost of loss of nice singing sustain and saturated tone, it's all good for nothing. Sadly, that's what I'm hearing 7.0 has appeared to do to most all of the amps.

Certian amps before 7.0 such as the USA Lead 1+ felt thick and could sustain notes easily. But after 7.0, the amp has very little sustain and feels much more thin to my ears. These are MAJOR changes to the way the amp feels and sounds. What would be the easiest way to retain the characteristics of the amp in the 6.2 firmware but in 7?

BTW... Don't get me wrong, I do not plan to revert back to previous firmware and I'm not trashing 7.0. I'm just looking for advice on how to get some of the character of 6.2 (mainly the sustain and saturation) back into my patches easily in 7.0. If I could get the pick attack of 7.0 with the sustain and saturation of 6.2 = euphoria!!!

i had a weird thing where when i reset my amp blocks the "dynamics" parameter defaulted to 100% so double check that if you arent starting from scratch

Cliff: Start at noon (0%) and then adjust to taste. Positive values add pick attack, negative values remove it.
-

I had one reset to -100% today...

Through some cross checking between Axedit V1.0315 and V1.0317 I have found that my V6 presets defaulted to 50% on the Dynamics on the Amp block, therefore I believe 50% on V6 is Zero in V7. This makes perfect sense to me anyway. I will have to re-up my presets to Axe-change with the adjustments, as I had saved them in 1.0317 and the Dynamics appear to have defaulted to -100%.

I firmly believe, through a comparison of presets from before and after the latest Axedit, that Zero in V6 is -100% in V7.
That would greatly surprise me, cause Cliff also said somewhere "You can go negative now." For me meaning "you couldn't before", and that it was not in an artificial way by moving numbers around. But I can't back this up with listening experience of my own though...

I've seen someone else being very happy with the -100%, seemingly indicating it is offering something new. That would make most sense anyway. Maybe some shenanigans of AE are intervening possibly...

Yes all mine have reset to -100%. I firmly believe, through a comparison of presets from before and after the latest Axedit, that Zero in V6 is -100% in V7. Most of my V6 presets are at 50% Dynamics by default. As such I will have to re-up all my presets to axe-change but at least this makes sense now.

I agree. To my ears, it sounds as if Dynamics of 0 in 6.2 is now -100 in V7.

But what I'd like to know is how much did the preamp modeling dynamics change in 7? Cliff said that it was "new", just how "new" is it? We even have new controls that were absent in 6.2. Is it completely different to the point that dynamics values from 6.2 simply do not translate to 7.0? Should we simply not even attempt recreating the same sound from 6.2 since 7.0 is so drastically different from 6.2?

I'm also leaning on the side of incorporating negative dynamics settings in my patches, but I do not believe that the dynamics control is the only control I'm concerned with, since MANY of the default amp dynamics controls change from V6.2 to 7.0.

Should have posted in full. Someone already asked.

- So if I had my DYNAMICS turned fully clockwise at FW 6.02 where it should be now, cause my sounds are now very compressed?
> Cliff: Start at noon (0%) and then adjust to taste. Positive values add pick attack, negative values remove it.

- Cliff: The best thing is to reset the amp block by deselecting then reselecting the model. This will set parameters to their default value. I believe Dynamics won't get reset though so you should check that value.

There's a huge difference between picks and not everyone uses the same pick (all the time or in every song), so the range is probably good.

The default is zero. Axe-Edit seems to be messing this value up. In 6.02 the lowest you could go was zero which is still equivalent to zero. Now you can go negative though.

At zero the control is effectively bypassed and any pick attack is "natural".

The default is zero. Axe-Edit seems to be messing this value up. In 6.02 the lowest you could go was zero which is still equivalent to zero. Now you can go negative though.

At zero the control is effectively bypassed and any pick attack is "natural".

Thank you for the clarification Cliff. I've been going bonkers dealing with the values Axe Edit is handing me. I hope Axe Edit can get it's act together soon.

Back
Top Bottom