What is the easiest way to get back to Home screen live?

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
I was playing live last Sat and must have hit 2 buttons at the same time which caused the unit to go to a screen I am not familiar with -still displayed my 3 buttmon names but the LED screen was on something else than normal.
I was in the middle of a song so I did not want to to drop out or do something weird so I kept it on my 'crunch' pre scene for the solo. After the song I think I hit 'Home' to get it back but it is all a haze 2 days later.

So is hitting 'Home' the best method or? For context the FM3 is set to be able to hold middle button to choose scene or preset mode

Nothing is quicker than hitting the Home button.

If you can remember something about the mystery page you landed on, maybe we can tell you what it is, and what you can do with it.

...still displayed my 3 buttmon names...
For future reference, the three buttmon names are Buttmon, Robin and The Joker Buttmon, Throbbin and The Poker. And if you wind up on a mystery screen, you take it in the butt, mon.

Last edited:
Nothing is quicker than hitting the Home button.

If you can remember something about the mystery page you landed on, maybe we can tell you what it is, and what you can do with it.

For future reference, the three buttmon names are Buttmon, Robin and The Joker Buttmon, Throbbin and The Poker. And if you wind up on a mystery screen, you take it in the butt, mon.
It was mid song with a packed house so a little distracted with playing the parts correctly and being a rock star :p

It was mid song with a packed house so a little distracted with playing the parts correctly and being a rock star :p
lol I get it. But if it happens again, try to note at least one thing about the new screen. Then we can help you figure out a way to get through the song from there.

I suspect your foot hit a switch that wasn't actually a footswitch. For example, if your foot hits the B knob, you're not at Home anymore.

If you have the standard factory layouts loaded, long press the middle switch.... this takes you to the Master layout.

I have a custom layout, which I will share shortly. I have a two button external switch, programmed as Stand In switches. The top one rotates through three layouts - Presets, Scenes, and Control/Tuner/Utility. The bottom switch rotates through three Views on each layout. This saves on long presses as I can get virtually anywhere I need to be within 2 or 3 short presses.

If you have the standard factory layouts loaded, long press the middle switch.... this takes you to the Master layout.

I have a custom layout, which I will share shortly. I have a two button external switch, programmed as Stand In switches. The top one rotates through three layouts - Presets, Scenes, and Control/Tuner/Utility. The bottom switch rotates through three Views on each layout. This saves on long presses as I can get virtually anywhere I need to be within 2 or 3 short presses.
That did not work.

To clarify @Rex the 'Home' button on top of the unit works to get me back to where i can long hold the middle button (for scenes or presets) correct?

I had a similar issue in last rehearsal. Don't know how but ended in a layout where I could enable/disable effects individually. Then I pressed and hold the middle button to be able to select scenes mode again and .... it did nothing. I panicked and ended just turning off/on the unit and having to wait for all the cabs to load etc, the longest minute ever, at leats it was not in a live even with public.

Clarifying: does Home screen mean the Footswitch layout you prefer?

Most of us would not call that the Home Screen since there is a Home button that puts the main LCD back to what is called the Home Screen.

Spin the D or E knobs to get back to your preferred layout and view.

To clarify @Rex the 'Home' button on top of the unit works to get me back to where i can long hold the middle button (for scenes or presets) correct?
The Home button takes you to the Home screen. It does not change the footswitches or take you to a different footswitch layout.

Is your problem getting back to the Home screen or getting back to a different footswitch view?

Last Sat I waited until the end of the song to hit the home (pretty sure) to return to the scenes and home screen within that mode -the goal. I posted this thread to confirm because I could ne remember what I did that night amidst the mayhem mid set :p

Thanks!

Clarifying: does Home screen mean the Footswitch layout you prefer?

Most of us would not call that the Home Screen since there is a Home button that puts the main LCD back to what is called the Home Screen.

Spin the D or E knobs to get back to your preferred layout and vo, I was still in scen

No I was still in scenes, the LCD went to the signal chain or something, like I said I cannot recall, It just freaked me out that if I hit my solo button (in scenes -all 3 buttons displayed the scene names) that it would go somewhere else.

What could have triggered to home screen to go to signal chain or other? Had to have been an errant foot strike. I am getting better aobut tap versus hold

To clarify, a long press of the middle switch should take you to the Master Layout, and on that, the first three switches should be Presets, Scenes and Effects.

If this does not work, you may not have the factory layouts loaded?

To clarify, a long press of the middle switch should take you to the Master Layout, and on that, the first three switches should be Presets, Scenes and Effects.

If this does not work, you may not have the factory layouts loaded?
This is correct when you start the unit up but when an errant press of 2 buttons or whatever I did live that does not work. It happened in sound ck too.

What could have triggered to home screen to go to signal chain or other? Had to have been an errant foot strike.
If your foot hits the B knob, you’ll be on the grid layout screen, looking at your signal chain.

No I was still in scenes, the LCD went to the signal chain or something, like I said I cannot recall, It just freaked me out that if I hit my solo button (in scenes -all 3 buttons displayed the scene names) that it would go somewhere else.

What could have triggered to home screen to go to signal chain or other? Had to have been an errant foot strike. I am getting better aobut tap versus hold
The metal foot switches won’t change the main LCD screen to other information like the layout. You probably hit the B knob under the screen.

Regardless, the foot switches always do what they’re programmed to do in any Main LCD screen view except for EZ Mode footswitch edit screen.

Does the FM3 have the big knob push button like the Axe III does? It goes to the layout screen by default on the III.

Does the FM3 have the big knob push button like the Axe III does? It goes to the layout screen by default on the III.
no, the FM3 Value knob doesn't push. FM9 and Axe3 do i believe.

i usually press Enter from the Home screen to get to Layout. Or the B button goes to layout as well.

Back
Top Bottom