What is the best midi controller option for the FM3

It looks like this issue has been resolved with a recent firmware update. There’s now a mode that lets you select 7 different scenes. At $150, it’s very capable, and I don’t think you can go wrong.
Cool man, thanks for the info

The FC-6 is still the best option IMO, although the Sonic Airstep works great and is very handy for other stuff. I have an MC8 inbound which is mainly to control my Boss Looper, but should be great for the FM3 also.
Thanks bro, yeah im looking for an option different from the FC6, like 3x less expensive and do the same job, you know xD

Before you buy something, take the Hold function off the switch to see if it’s fast enough now. The hold function doesn’t add that much time in my experience unless you’re extremely slow on releasing.
I did that bro, i sat there and try my very fucking best at doin it the quickest that i was able to and still it was too slow for the song i was playing that changes on a 1/8 note. I might be slow idk lol

I did that bro, i sat there and try my very fucking best at doin it the quickest that i was able to and still it was too slow for the song i was playing that changes on a 1/8 note. I might be slow idk lol
If you take the hold function off, it activates as soon as you tap. If that’s not fast enough, a midi controller won’t make it go any faster, that’s all.

Thanks bro, yeah im looking for an option different from the FC6, like 3x less expensive and do the same job, you know xD
I feel you on the cost price! BUT- while the FC6 will be performing the same tasks (as a MIDI device ) the FC6 will do a much better job-3 times better!

I feel you on the cost price! BUT- while the FC6 will be performing the same tasks (as a MIDI device ) the FC6 will do a much better job-3 times better!
Ok i need an explanation on how it would do a beter job at changing scene

If you take the hold function off, it activates as soon as you tap. If that’s not fast enough, a midi controller won’t make it go any faster, that’s all.
Yeah, and i tried it, and it worked, like a charm, then i was like oh ok the device is fast its just the hold function that give this lag so thats why i want an external controler with more switch so i can still use my FM3 to change banks and other function and the midi controler for scene change

Another option that I picked up is the Hotone Ampero Control. I bought it with a discount code for @$100. It is a slick little controller. You can program it with a bluetooth app. And, can change Presets, Scenes, CC's. Also can add either 2 expression pedals or 2 double footswitches. For simple but flexible control it is hard to beat.

Another option that I picked up is the Hotone Ampero Control. I bought it with a discount code for @$100. It is a slick little controller. You can program it with a bluetooth app. And, can change Presets, Scenes, CC's. Also can add either 2 expression pedals or 2 double footswitches. For simple but flexible control it is hard to beat.
thanks im gonna check it out

If that’s all you plan on, probably not. But the FCs can do so much more very easily.
pretty much all i plan on doin yeah, cause i was impress on how you could do everything with those 3 knobs, the only issue was the little delay the hold function gave me that i wanna get rid of

I have the xsonic airstep controller. I'm not the greatest when it comes to programming anything modeler related but I don't recall this being too bad.

I also like that I can switch between devices, meaning I can use it to control DAW, phone, etc.View attachment 102891
I like the Airstep a lot too. It's relatively easy to program and works for many devices with its internal presets. Its only caveat is that there is no display on it so you do have to remember what does what unless you put labels like this on it.

Do some research on the OMG9 layout that is available for those with an FC6. If all you’re ever going to use the midi controller for is changing scenes, then yes, it does the same job. But if you’d like to do that, plus control certain individual effects, cycle their channels, use the full capabilities of the looper, and have the ability to customize it all per preset, then I would do more research into the FC6. Plus, it’s built like a tank and you get an LCD for each switch. It really does unlock the potential of the unit.

pretty much all i plan on doin yeah, cause i was impress on how you could do everything with those 3 knobs, the only issue was the little delay the hold function gave me that i wanna get rid of
Assuming you're not using both pedal jacks, you can connect up to 4 external switches that can (as stand-in switches) do anything an onboard switch can do.

Cheaper and simpler than midi ;)

If you’re still considering the Meloaudio MIDI Commander, I bought one and got it yesterday. There is a mode that you can download from Meloaudio and install on the device that allows changing between 7 different scenes. One button is used for tap tempo, and the arrows are used to scroll up and down through presets. The downloading and installation process was quite difficult for me due to some issues that I had with drivers. Although the 7 scene mode works as expected, the device itself is pretty limiting. There are two custom modes available on the unit, but you can’t set up scene switching in these modes. This is due to the fact the you’re unable to assign CC instructions, which are required to choose individual scenes. I really wanted to set up effects on the top row and scenes on the bottom row, and that is unfortunately proving to be impossible. I’m considering returning mine for this reason. However, if you’re ok with 7 scenes and a tap tempo, then it works well in that fashion and seems to be nicely built.

Hello folks
Once again to this question I pass on that the FCB1010 with Eureka eprom fitted gives instant (via scrolling through options with one switch)
access to
ALL scenes
All presets
10 effects (that you choose)
A set of Favourite presets (that you choose)
Has both Volume and Expression onboard

Yes, as others have commented, it is big (so if you want your FM3 on a floorboard, the other options suggested previously in this discussion are probably more suitable), however, given the above, it can be the controller for the FM3 on the floor at your feet and the FM3 off to the side or near your sound source on a stand for easy access for tweaking.
It's cheap, it works, and requires very little setting up. If this described setup suits your needs, in my view there's nothing else that provides so much for so little.
Hope this helps.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom