What is it with this obsessive deal with sounding JUST like . . .

I'm trying my best. Hey I hear your next flight has a happy hour, V1 might be a little tricky
poke.gif
B2A6E146-D8DC-459E-8F66-D6D8AF7B25881.gif

Man, you got me again. This one really makes me laugh. I think V1 would be very tricky let alone V2 and VR. No happy hour on our flights since they introduced random breathalyzer testing. Rarely anyone parties on layovers anymore, or a least keeps it a secret. Me, I'm looking for good music or jamming in my room. Always have a guitar with me :D

Here is an answer, but I'm not sure it will be a popular one.

Could it be laziness?

Could it be because they can't imagine anything else?

Could it be because if they 'sound like somebody famous', they believe their listeners will think more highly of them and give them respect?

Granted, there are some really cool tones done by other people, but for my money, I try to find new stuff and I don't give a rat's a$$ about sounding like XYZ.

My goal for tone? Find sounds that inspire me to write.

You asked, so there's my 2 cents.

L

well I can understand why you dont want to sound like XYZ a random old japanese metal band, probably not many people would recognize this accomplishment even if you did. :) just foolin XYZ

I don't care if someone cops other peoples tones. It's just so foreign to me, I'm just asking WHY. Just so you can? I mean I don't get it.

Its fun
Its inspiring
It helps put me in different moods and modes of playing
It spurs on creativity
It leads to discovery of other sounds (ones own)

The only thing I can say I dont try to do, is play others music note for note, (and most often I cant anyway) but I like having the tone of RR when playin old ozzy, then using say Chet ATkins?!

Its fun
Its inspiring
It helps put me in different moods and modes of playing
It spurs on creativity
It leads to discovery of other sounds (ones own)

The only thing I can say I dont try to do, is play others music note for note, (and most often I cant anyway) but I like having the tone of RR when playin old ozzy, then using say Chet ATkins?!
Well that's cool. Fun I can see. I don't like trying to cop tones or notes particularly. Maybe when I was learning, but even then. I figured I could find my own way eventually. But cool. I can understand that.

Back
Top Bottom