What Headphones are you guys using?

grunge782

Hi,

I am a bit new to recording.

I finally am getting my firebox pretty soon and I'm going to run the axe's spdif into the firebox, then firewire straight into the computer so I have zero tone degradation.

However, I am looking for some good headphones now so I can record without bothering anybody.

WHat are some good headphones out there?

I found a good deal on some Sennheiser 280's. How are they?

Thanks guys.

I'm using the Audio Technica ATH-M50's and really like them...I A/B'd them with every headphone in my local music shop and they really stood out (of course, the local shop didnt have the largest selection...)

I use Sennheisers and swear by them. I've got HD500s which have a big low end and I use these to test every guitar tone in general. Then I have those CX-300IIs which are really bright and amazing for the price and handy for just about anything. I also use the CX-300IIs with my iPhone/iPods.

You've got many options. What's your budget?

Hi grunge782,
I use Sennheiser CX400 inears and think they are not bad (have had only inears with the AXE and not much comparison). There are already some threads about the topic. Maybe a little search would help (keyword =headphones)? ;)
Micha

Please do a search on "headphones" and there are at least 5 topics and hijacks in the last month only. Really. Opening a new topic everytime gets us into a bloated forum.

Also IMO this should be in the amps&cabs section, since, well, headphones are speakercabs you wear on your head.

Higher end: Sennheiser HD595 HD650, AKG 271, Beyer DT880s, 770s. 990s.
Midprice aforementioned ATs, Sony MDR 7506, etc.

Back
Top Bottom