What has your Axe II replaced?

In edition to replacing my beloved Ultra my Axe FX II has replaced the following gear. All of which I have since sold.

MKIIC+
3 - MKIII's
Triaxis
3 Legacy's
Quad Preamp
RG-100
2:90
20/20
4x12 Recto cab
2 - 1x12 Recto Cabs
2x12 Recto Cab
G-Force
M-2000
D-Two
2 - GCX switchers
2 - GRX-4's
2 - CFX-4's
System Mix Plus
DS-1's
TS-9
Digitech Whammy Pedal (the original)
2 - 535Q's
MXR Flanger/Doubler
Ultimate Octave
Mini Deja Vibe 2
Korg Tuner
22 space Mesa boogie shock rack
And hopefully my 002 rack.

There is probably some more gear too, but I can't think of it now.

Damn!!!! You must be the first dude getting rich buying the AXE II ;)

Nice amps. Boutique pedals. A million george L connectors. Everything. ...actually, I kept my volume pedal to use as an expression pedal.

Not looking back...at all.

Same hear dude. NO REGRETS!!! Before I sold my MKIIC+ I would plug into it on occassion and just be like... Oh dang, I can never sell this thing... Then I would plug into my Ultra and now my II. That being said I REALLY need to learn to tweak the IIC+ and IV models on my II. They are not nearly as instantly gratifying as in the Ultra.

Nice amps. Boutique pedals. A million george L connectors. Everything. ...actually, I kept my volume pedal to use as an expression pedal.

Not looking back...at all.

Yeah dude, I paid some bills and bought me some nice Festool power tools for my shop. Once I find the time I am all setup build custom guitars, speaker cabinets, kitchen cabinets, etc... I LOVE woodworking.

Damn!!!! You must be the first dude getting rich buying the AXE II ;)

Ok, forgive me Cliff. I just plugged into the IIC+ model and tweaked for about 90 seconds. OMG!!! I can't wait until I get my 3 lovely children in bed so I can go tweak some more. I didn't even touch the damp parameter. Oh man, this brigs back fond memories of my Ultra. I remember when I first turned up the damp knob. My life has never been the same.

Anyway, I'm very satisfied with the IIC+ model now. Back to the topic now.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Fender Cyber Twin SE... this was supposed to be the AXE FX but could not compete any where near it's level!!

Otheriwse, the Axe FX has not replaced my gear so much as it has started it.

You sold a 2120 to get a GT-8? The 2120 was pretty decent little processor. I bought one back in '99 and had it for a few years. I have a similar gear selling story. I sold my D-two to get and M-2000 I always regretted that deal. The M-2000 was not suited well for preset changes.

I know right, what a dumb move backwards? I think I was slimming down my setup and there was something about the GT8 that caught my interest. Apparently it was not sound ha ha ha. Luckily I was able to buy low and sell high on some of the transactions. But I know I lost big with the 2120 to GT8. At least the Digitech 1101 and the Studio 400 only set me back like $360 total.

It has replaced countless amps for me. But Mainly it replaces effects, mixers and switchers and all of that weight and hassle it took to run things in Parallel. Oh and it has replaced lengthy gig setup times as well.

Ok, forgive me Cliff. I just plugged into the IIC+ model and tweaked for about 90 seconds. OMG!!! I can't wait until I get my 3 lovely children in bed so I can go tweak some more. I didn't even touch the damp parameter. Oh man, this brigs back fond memories of my Ultra. I remember when I first turned up the damp knob. My life has never been the same.

Anyway, I'm very satisfied with the IIC+ model now.

Shit, you gave me one hell of a scare here. The Mesas are easily my fav amps in my Ultra, which I am about to get rid of in favor of the AXE II. Good stuff, Move along... Move along...

I gave up a Two Rock Emerald to fund my Ultra. After two years of Fractal bliss, I'm about ready to give up the rest of my analog gear. As often as I use it, I figure I can get a budget modeler (Cube or Mustang) and cash out of my amps, cabs, pedals, and tubes.

Back
Top Bottom