What happened to the "Got the email" thread?

Well I referenced someone else's post about quantities and shipping rates, so if it was me, my sincerest apologies to the forum admins and members. I meant no harm. :(

RR

I’m pretty positive they sent a few out but 12 a day seems false. I’ve talked to fractal a few times and they don’t give release info over the phone.

Bullshit thrives in an information vacuum. This vacuum is allowed to exist by Fractal. If they want less bs info on the forums, they could just share some more information. Deleting threads is a short term fix.

Bullshit thrives in an information vacuum. This vacuum is allowed to exist by Fractal. If they want less bs info on the forums, they could just share some more information. Deleting threads is a short term fix.
and then they share more, get negative responses on that, leading to more BS, complaints of still not enough info... it's a cycle that you really can't avoid. i don't think there's a solution that solves everything.

i think FAS is one of the most open, communicative companies in the industry.

Agreed Chris, everyone needs to read the statement at the top of the forum page and respect it.

They are indeed, just not about shipping.
I really don't understand this. He posted when there was a week's delay getting to the states, and people all over the place read that as a 2 to 3 week delay and reposted that estimate instead of what he really said. He posted when the units arrived at the port, when he expected them in their home office, and he has posted all along to keep people informed. He even tethered via phone when the power was out letting people know that they couldn't get to the office to do anything on that day.

Expecting him to go out and list how far they are in the waiting list is a bit ridiculous and frankly I'd rather see Fractal keep the focus on getting things shipped out that try to keep the forum updated on every single step of this.

Every time I see someone post that they "got off the phone with customer service", I think, why would you be bugging them when you know they have better things to do right now?

I really don't understand this. He posted when there was a week's delay getting to the states, and people all over the place read that as a 2 to 3 week delay and reposted that estimate instead of what he really said. He posted when the units arrived at the port, when he expected them in their home office, and he has posted all along to keep people informed. He even tethered via phone when the power was out letting people know that they couldn't get to the office to do anything on that day.

Expecting him to go out and list how far they are in the waiting list is a bit ridiculous and frankly I'd rather see Fractal keep the focus on getting things shipped out that try to keep the forum updated on every single step of this.

Every time I see someone post that they "got off the phone with customer service", I think, why would you be bugging them when you know they have better things to do right now?

Other companies can and do have a system where people can check their position in the queue. I'm not saying that Fractal should do this, I'm not even saying I'm unhappy (Fractal's doing a great job imho, MANY companies handle new product launches very poorly), I'm just saying that, in response to what chris said, in terms of shipping / queue position they are not the most communicative in the industry.

Back
Top Bottom