What Happened To Hip-Hop/Rap Music?

@claham - LOL. I don't know what Ronald Shannon Jackson and the Decoding Society/Sonny Sharrock has to do with the topic at hand, other than crazy people can play music too! That was fun though.

Sometimes that's the only way to contribute? I felt this was a strange thread as it developed. Thinking about what hip hop , (jazzy) trance and some other style meant to me in the late 80ths early 90ths. Well not as much as jazz in general but an added flavour. It wasn't a "better" music but at times you could feel it was more relevant lyrics/subject then much of the standard jazz (rock /pop).

Yeah, yeah! I was very cool. I loved hearing that. But it's in no way related to hip hop, except that there are some black guys playing, you know? LOL.

...But it's in no way related to hip hop, except that there are some black guys playing, you know? LOL.

I know! But don't be to hard on me. I'm mostly into jazz, classical, world/folk. What would I know. LOL back.

If we want to kill all this crap music, we need to be innovative.

Where's THE BIGGEST??? Hendrix, the Who, the Stones, Zep, Floyd, Queen, Bob Marley (his children have won Grammys), the Dead, the Doors, Skynard, Kinks, Chuck Berry, Beach Boys, Talking Heads etc etc etc etc?

They do not exist anymore. People are too busy recreating old news instead of coming up with new ideas.

Fads aside, most music stays underground for a reason.

We shouldn't be making music with only the short term in mind. We should be making music for years to come. I listen to music that was made before I was even born... so it's still making money! Will anyone buy some sellout artist's albums in 5 years? Doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom