What Happened To Hip-Hop/Rap Music?

Slammin Mofo

Inspired
I don't really like Hip-Hop/Rap, Pop etc. (lowest common denominator music)... but as I compare old rap songs to new ones... well... I gotta admit that tupac and biggie smalls were not that bad after all...

I'm still not a fan... but take a slice of this...

This new #stuff is beyond pathetic... How low can they sink? Are there any boundaries?

images

like anything it becomes homogenized and a commodity. i was really hoping it was going to be the next disco, but i'll leave that for dubstep :)

Hip Hop ???? IMHO even the name is stupid .I saw the best bumper sticker the other day " Rap is to music as the etch a scetch is to art"

This was the best rap band in history! Everything else is just heresay!

Cube and Dre. are now very wealthy business Men! Who would of thought that watchin' this video back in the day huh?
I don't listen to much of todays crap.... oops I mean rap. But, I give mad props to Eminem.

I guess the music industry is largely responsible for this... they try to minimize the costs of song productions to an extreme point and maximize the profits at the same time... so it's only logical for them to produce songs with background music that can be recorded with kids' toys and let the rappers rap any senseless freestyle crap over it... as long as the people buy it, everything's ok.. and their plan seems to work... it's sickening...

I have nothing against maximizing profits, if the profiteers try their best and really want to make good stuff... but purposefully lowering the quality to abysmal levels and getting rich in the process... it sure seems perfidious...

I believe there is as much bad rap/hiphop as bad rock or any other genre today. There are plenty of good and creative artists like Roots, Q-tip etc...

Granted some Rap is down right offensive and some is entertaining and some is what it is. But that statement can be said about any genre of music. I think it really depends on how deep one has been exposed to a type of music . For instance Street or gangster Rap is mostly culturistic so from my point of view is one needs to be born into it to really understand and grasp that style. I wasn't raised in an intercity where this type of music is the norm and exposure would be frequent so I don't relate to it at all.

Granted some Rap is down right offensive and some is entertaining and some is what it is. But that statement can be said about any genre of music. I think it really depends on how deep one has been exposed to a type of music . For instance Street or gangster Rap is mostly culturistic so from my point of view is one needs to be born into it to really understand and grasp that style. I wasn't raised in an intercity where this type of music is the norm and exposure would be frequent so I don't relate to it at all.

but they say that rap is mainly purchased by middle class white kids! ?

Talk about biased... This is a forum for guitar players (mostly...) of course we think rap sucks... I will admit I do have some old school snoop and dr. Dre in my iTunes folder. The Chronic was pretty damn cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I honestly don't like ANY new music I hear lately. I hate modern rock... Nickelback is the worst IMAO. I went to Mayhem Fest back in August. The main stage had Machine Head, Megadeth, Godsmack, and Disturbed. IN THAT ORDER!!! Some 'kids' (keep in mind I'm only 30) behind we're like, "who is Megadeth?". I just turned around and stared like a confused puppy. My friends and I left after Megadeth. Godsmack sucks and blows at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom