What happen to the Pete Thorn presets?

Pete's IR would be the only thing I would care about getting.His personally captured cab IR(unlike the preset) can't be messed up by a FW update.

Somebody's TM has never worked for me(tied too closely to their personal gear etc..), but an IR of Pete's cab could be 'potentially' cool....

Why can't we get the IR now??? It would take Pete 1 minute to post it! The plot thickens.....lol

Why can't we get the IR now??? It would take Pete 1 minute to post it! The plot thickens.....lol
He must be busy. Touring doesn't restrict access to email which he currently is not responding to. Must be something else. Its cool. We all have priorities to manage in a fast paced life. Cheers.

heya guys, it's Pete-
Sorry for the delay- what happened was- I made the presets you heard in the vid in a beta version of 10.0, and when I downloaded the final version, they sounded all screwed up. So, I ned to do them again. I've just been slammed, doing gear vids for Vintage King, and touring. I have 2 days in LA this week, and I intend to try and do the presets and a new IR for you then! Bear with me, thanks...

Pete

heya guys, it's Pete-
Sorry for the delay- what happened was- I made the presets you heard in the vid in a beta version of 10.0, and when I downloaded the final version, they sounded all screwed up. So, I ned to do them again. I've just been slammed, doing gear vids for Vintage King, and touring. I have 2 days in LA this week, and I intend to try and do the presets and a new IR for you then! Bear with me, thanks...

Pete

Sorry? lol - we appreciate you even thinking about sharing. Thank YOU for taking time out of your busy schedule to share with the gear heads :)

Pete - just wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed your product demos (and the new Vintage King ones are great). Your playing is always so fantastic on these that I sometimes forget I am watching a gear demo. You should get a commission because I think you have personally sold thousands of pedals / guitars / etc.!

Given how amazing your tones are, i am looking forward to more videos and your presets (if you have the time). Also, thank you for taking the time to pop by the forum and contribute - it is much appreciated.

Regards,

Jared

heya guys, it's Pete-

Pete

FWIW, I would recommend to everyone, including Pete, to skip trying to make a laundry list of patches for downloading. Cliff and company have so many firmware updates that change so many things each time they are released that you all will be chasing your tails trying to keep up. By the time Pete has the time to update all his patches to sound right for sharing, firmware 10.12, or 11 or 12 will be out and they won't sound right again.

Also... so far with my experience with FW10 is that there is very little actual settings needed to make patches sound great with whatever amp you want to use. This is a good thing and since the realism of the amps are really there, you'd actually be best served browsing amp maker's forums for good recommended settings and speakers to best setup your patches.

I'd Still like to try them, IR's especially, Ya never know, I have ran across some uploaded patches that work, even across the v 10 revisions ,w/ just a reset and redialing settings!!

Back
Top Bottom