What do you expect in the future from FAS?

It should be possible one day not only to match the sound of tube amps, but improve upon them. What do you think "better than tubes" would sound like?

Personally, I think the days of mimicing classic tube amps are behind us. It's been done. Let's move on. If that's what you want out of a modeler, fine, you have it. The technology should now be emphasizing how to enable musicians to create new sounds that go beyond what can be found in existing tube amps, and especially focusing on better workflows to get there.

Better processing with more horsepower and less latency. And a more realistic rotary if I'm being picky.

With Fractal you can modify a lot of parameters and they also have created some designed amp and pedals

Sound is top notch.
Interface is the last white whale.

Integrating the wiki information into Edit, amp/cab matching, tooltips, on-device block library, tablet connectivity, etc.

Captures are the wild card gamechanger.

I agree that a UI overhaul would be a great next step.
Amp Tones, Effects, Hardware - FAS cannot be beat.
So create an incredible UI and you've got no competition.

Short term solution - a small device that plugs into our AxeIII/FM9/FM3 that will allow (bluetooth) connectivity to a beautiful iOS/Android app. So at gigs...pull out the phone or ipad and make small adjustments. Simple and very effective.

Short term solution - a small device that plugs into our AxeIII/FM9/FM3 that will allow (bluetooth) connectivity to a beautiful iOS/Android app. So at gigs...pull out the phone or ipad and make small adjustments. Simple and very effective.

Agree on the first, but the short term solution is below par for FAS...

I agree that a UI overhaul would be a great next step.
Amp Tones, Effects, Hardware - FAS cannot be beat.

hate this idea. i refer to it as the Microsoft Innovation path: take everything you once knew where it was located, move it and act like it's all new and better. no thanks.

id much rather see better capacity to use more blocks while still keeping cpu low.

I see this in two ways... what do I expect? Well, I expected what I bought 3.5 years ago. Actually, what I received exceeded my expectations. Since then has all been beyond my expectations and in many cases my wildest dreams.

What I'd like to see (using "expect" based on the innovation that Fractal is known for) is something else. Emulations of guitar-related well-known studio gear? Some of this (preamps, compressors, EQs; Neve, API, SSL, etc.) has been done by other companies that specialize in this type of stuff (which Fractal hasn't so far). Other types of effects (Lexicon, Eventide, TC, Roland, Yamaha, etc. - think "vintage" digital refrigerator-sized guitar racks), some, but not so much, and isn't terribly outside of what Fractal already does with the effects blocks. Of course, everything I can think of can already be done (2290, 1210, SPX Symphonic, etc.), but...

If I could have my dream rack emulated with the exacting detail that Fractal's amps are known for... Well, it's fun to dream! (I would guess that licensing the actual software from those companies is either prohibitively expensive or impossible, which kills this idea right out of the gate.)

FWIW... DBX 160X, Dytronics Tri-Stereo Chorus, TC 2290, Eventide H3000, Lexicon PCM70, Yamaha SPX90 (my dream rack) - I can already get really really close to the effects, but maybe not the idiosyncrasies of the analog circuitry combined with the digital converters. Then again, if I cared that much, I could create an IR of the signal path of any of these units with the effects bypassed, if I truly cared that much.

Mostly, I expect Fractal to continue being the awesome company that it is!

Personally, I think the days of mimicing classic tube amps are behind us. It's been done. Let's move on. If that's what you want out of a modeler, fine, you have it. The technology should now be emphasizing how to enable musicians to create new sounds that go beyond what can be found in existing tube amps, and especially focusing on better workflows to get there.
New sounds that go beyond what we currently view as electric guitar don't really interest me (I won't begrudge it to you, though!), but I'd be onboard with workflow improvements.

Also, the freqout. Let me get that last pedal off my board!

HI All!
this is just a general topic...what do you expect in the future from FAS?
Actually there is any kind of effects/amp inside and the quality is super. I don't know what they can bring in the future, ok maybe more power but i don't anyone needs to run 10 delays or 10 reverbs at the same time.

Share your opinion if you want

I would LOVE to get more I/O, specially 8 ADAT channels to expand its use as an outboard FX processor in my mixing process. The Axe FX can do wonders to vocals, keyboards, drums, etc...

I expect them to release a new hardware platform when they feel it's necessary (probably not soon).

I expect them to continuously surprise me with newer and/or better stuff as they have been doing for me the last 10+ years.

I expect that I will get more than I pay for the unit just like what came before.

I expect that people will still be complaining about stuff no matter how great that new platform is...

Expect may be a strong word, but I hope to see an Axe IV with more power, more control switches, a new Axe Edit for tablets that connects wirelessly, and on-board purchased Dyna-Cabs.

Next gen I wish improvement on song/channel/scene/preset/controller/global block, to prepare and recall a set faster.

I wish we could save an recall "project", containing songs and presets. A Song contain all the useful data: tempo, sections, scenes, channels, controllers, variations, etc... maybe scenes and channels become obsolete or redundant. Channels could be "global" to the project (not limited to 4...), and section may contain scenes. Controllers and modifier should be section-based (i need wha in a section, volume in another, and phaser rate in a third...).

Agree on the first, but the short term solution is below par for FAS...
What is par for FAS then, in regards to UI improvements?

Axe Edit has looked the same since I got my Axe Ultra. We are still navigating using buttons and scroll wheels. (on all FAS products).
10 years+ - not a ton of innovation. This is not meant to be a criticism... I'm just calling out the facts.

And I'm not complaining - I can navigate, I can edit front panel...no issues. But as far as UI innovation - FAS has had very little.

Bluetooth and more niche effects where you can bypass the amps and use the horsepower for synth stuff in 4cm . Things like that would make it the ultimate Swiss Army Knife

Back
Top Bottom