What changed from cali leggy to legato 100?

Ralph K

Inspired
Being a huge Vai fan... the carvin legacy is my primary go to amp for vai tones... however id like to have more details regarding the new model... is it exactly modeling vais own amp vs the cali leggy modeling a stock amp... for instance i guess both model the 1st generation of the amp...

Thanks for the link, but it is still not clear what changed between the two versions... and why did FAS decide to remodel it :)

The Legato 100 is based on a certain musician's personal amp.
That's awesome news :) any chance of modeling the clean channel since it is also amazing on that musician's personal amp or would it be too much to ask? :D and please a hi-res version of his cab vs. the current stock low res SV Legend would be a great Christmas gift!

Feels like asking Santa haha

That's awesome news :) any chance of modeling the clean channel since it is also amazing on that musician's personal amp or would it be too much to ask? :D and please a hi-res version of his cab vs. the current stock low res SV Legend would be a great Christmas gift!

Feels like asking Santa haha

The amp was returned to its owner.

My personal speculation is the the old Cali Leggy is based on a schematic, and that the new Legato is based on Vais personal amp. It's not totally out of the question that Vais amp is modded in some way, but this is speculation deluxe.

On a side note, I saw SV last night, for the 25th anniversary tour for Passion and Warfare, which he played in its entirety. Amazing show. Finally seeing "The Riddle" live was epic.

The clean channel on a stock legacy version 1 was a pretty exceptional clean channel for any amp. We have lots of options already I know but that would be a good add at some point if anyone saw any value in it besides me. It's pretty cool you had a certain artists amp for a short while though.

Back
Top Bottom