What Cab Pack do you want next?

Which of these cabs would you want as Cab Packs?

• Total voters
Why can't we have all of the above in one pack?

I'm sure once I've done plenty of Cab Packs we can try and figure out a CK bundle. Just understand that it will take time as I'm very thorough with my IR captures... as in over a 100 different IRs per cab. :)

We've got multiple captures of the TV. Do the Bogner or Diezel.

Well the Bogner and Diezel are what I'm most interested in personally.

According to this poll there seems to be demand for the TV so I might do that one also. IMO this thread is a good way of getting some feedback on what people actually want. :)

Honestly, I agree with Doug Bryan- I was pleasantly surprised by the Lynchback speaker lately, thanks to Ownhammer.
I don't have a need for more of the Bogner cab myself, as the impulses in Fractal's Cab Pack 5 had some INCREDIBLE Bogner impulses. (Seriously, some of the best IR's I've ever heard that weren't captured by Clark Kent).

So pragmatically speaking, I foresee a need for the Orange and the Diezel. Neither have been captured to my satisfaction.

I have the PPC412HP with G12K100 speakers. Its an AMAZING cab. I prefer it to the regular Orange PPC412 with V30's actually. It's punchy, round, and has enormous bottom end. I'd love to smother CK's Secret Sauce all over it and get some proper IRs with it. ;)

The Orange PPC412HP-8 has G12K100 speakers in it. That is definitely a possibility.

Does anyone else want this cab?

In this case I'd even consider buying! Because when it comes to V30, I'm more than happy with my OH purchases. We definitely have enough V30 with SM57. It'll be a bigger win, if you throw some new stuff into the already huge amount of IRs. Just my 2¢, but sounds like I'm not the only one ;) And I know for a fact, that the whole German community from axefx.de loves the G12K100, especially the Diezel 2x12 they used for their IR collection, which was released earlier this year. But it was kind of limited to one IR per Mic, although thanks to CabLab the possibilities are still endless!

Anyways, yes, if you create IRs with this Cab, I'll buy it!

Clark, let's be real.

What ever you put out a lot of us are going to buy regardless.

Now only if I could wipe out the majority of my factory cabs :(

Yes, UR EVM-12Ls would be very welcome too.

But please not just in 4 X 12 cabs.
Open back 1 X 12 or 2 X 12 or even another Thiele cab (even though the OW Thiele 12L IRs are pretty decent) for me please.

And I know this goes against the grain of the current cab IR zeitgeist (where everybody wants slick studio, mic'd up and EQ'd cab IRs) but I think we could still use some more TC30 mic IRs that attempt to capture the actual unadulterated (as much as that is possible) frequency response of a cab.

I'd still like to be able to make my CLRs sound as close as possible to my 12L cabs *in the room*.
[There... I said the 3 banned words. Flame suit on.]
And yes, I realize that there's a lot more to being able to do that than a simple close mic'd IR with a test mic.
I also understand why it might even be impossible to do that given the state of the art of mics and mic'ing techniques today.
But a well taken TC30 IR should still a pretty good starting point as far as I can tell.

I just know that, for me, when playing live, the sound of a mic'd up cab just feels too stiff still.
For some reason though I have no problem with it when I'm tracking during a recording session.
It's mostly psychological I think. [Flame suit on again.]
So, for me, the goal of my FRFR rig is still to match the sound of my real cabs in the room as closely as is possible with current technology/mics/mic'ng techniques/etc.
So some more TC30 IRs of the back of an open back cab as well as the room could also be potentially very handy.

I also realize that CK has a totally different agenda than this (as do most cab IR developers) and that it's highly unlikely he'll be doing any of this type of stuff anytime soon.
I'm just putting it out there in this thread because I want it out there and because I feel like venting a bit today.
lol
Maybe somebody with better engineering chops than me can figure this out.
You never know who's reading this.

My personal agenda is to create awesome tones. That being said I'm an extremely open minded person and I don't think that you can only get a good tone out of a 4x12 cab. F.ex. a Vox combo is able to sound huge on it's own. However the problem will always be: "How do you capture that huge sound?" I'm more afraid of getting a cab that I don't think sounds good. If that happens how can I stamp my name on it and convince people that it's good? Even though it would be the best cab pack for some people out there. The reason I stated those cabs that I had as poll options is because I've mic'ed them before and I know they not only sound great but also sound great mic'ed and I'm able to create something just as awesome as Cab Pack 7. :)

Getting that "cab in the room" sound is another debate. I'm strongly on one side of that debate and I'd rather not start talking about it here. :D I believe you can't break the laws of physics. I also own a CLR by the way. I guess what I'm trying to say is that my aim is not to create IRs that work great for a specific use case. I'm simply capturing raw and clean mic positions of the best sweet spots I can find on cabs. They're so much more versatile this way. You can EQ your amp differently for different use cases.

Back
Top Bottom