What are you working on...on guitar?

Suhrfer

Experienced
I bought a Lick Library Jimi Hendrix DVD (Danny Gill), so working on that. Also working on bending vibrato. It's currently kicking my ass. I'll get there or die trying. What are you working on?

I'm currently working on kicking myself in the face for not paying attention in guitar class (theory). I really want to learn how to play fusion.

I relate to both of the above. Also right now I have been trying to improve synch between my right and left hands. I thought it was fine... until I started to analyse my own technique a bit more closely.

I am using the home study for guitar. Every month they mail me some notes and I have to struggle to do something with them. The suckometer says I still have to trek to the mailbox.

I relate to both of the above. Also right now I have been trying to improve synch between my right and left hands. I thought it was fine... until I started to analyse my own technique a bit more closely.
Any good solution on how to train that *effectively*? I always thought this comes automaticly with time... but turnsed out it doesn't. At least I didn't notice any improvement.

Any good solution on how to train that *effectively*? I always thought this comes automaticly with time... but turnsed out it doesn't. At least I didn't notice any improvement.
The same way you train anything—slow it down, and keep slowing it down until you can't get it wrong. Then gradually, over hours, days or weeks—whatever it takes —bring it up to speed.

During 6:00AM to 8:00PM - Platonic Intervals Advanced :(
From 9:00 to 10:00 PM - Being myself :D

PS: Platonic intervalls have nothing in common with pentatonic intervalls. They follow the concept of Platonism, which says, that I'm unable to do what I would love to do, because of the extended work time.....which is a bummer.....

Last edited:
Right now I'm getting into Chet Atkins style. It makes me feel like a total beginner, but will be so worth it in the end.

Reactions: Rex
I'm currently learning "Fat Lip" and a few others for my cover band and writing with my original band.

As far as chops/skills/advancement goes, I'm going back and getting my chops and knowledge where I was in college. I used to be able to rattle off chords, inversions, etc... and now I'm like, "Umm.. it's THIS shape... I think it's like.. a Dmin... 6... or something. I dunno, just put your fingers here."

Trying to learn at least one solo note for note in my lifetime. Each time I try I end up going off into some ad-hoc improvisation after the first few bars. I don't think that part of my brain works properly.

Had my First guitarlesson since 20 years 4 Days ago.....fact is....I should learn to understand what I'm Doing , when I'm Doing something :)

It's a pity...DIY in learning How to Play Guitar get's it's payback 22 years later...People ! Take lessons and learn it the right Way...

Trying to learn at least one solo note for note in my lifetime. Each time I try I end up going off into some ad-hoc improvisation after the first few bars. I don't think that part of my brain works properly.

I have that same problem. I just can't remember note for note solos... I have to reeeaaaaallly buckle down to nail them. Thankfully, I nobody seems to mind that I improv almost everything except the really iconic ones. I pretty much live by this motto: Learn the first lick and the last lick of every solo. Nobody listens to the middle.

Nile Rogers style. For 45 years I've played with fingers, or inflexible picks, and heavy strings. This morning I bought a range of thinner, flexible picks to try out. Nile also uses light strings, but I don't want to go that far.

I've been learning some Prince and MJ covers. Gotta love them funk licks. My rock and metal riffing is pretty solid, but my improv needs a lot of work. By "a lot", I obviously mean a fuck tonne of work.

Back
Top Bottom