What are you reading right now?

Brian Dean-O

Inspired
Got the listening and watching threads, found some great music and shows/movies perusing those threads so here’s reading…
I’m reading Stephen King’s ‘The Drawing of the Three’ for the first time. I was enjoying it and thought I’d like to know what y’all are reading currently?
Fiction and Non-fiction please if you have one of each currently being read….

Not sure how I git here but I'm reading two really pessimistic books at the same time :|
"How high we go in the dark" and "the thousand earths"
whenever I find something too depressing I jump to the other book. can't wait to finish them and start something NOT like these two.

After finishing Geddy Lee's "My Effin Life", I just finished "Clockwork Angels: The Novel" by Kevin Anderson and Neil Peart. I was glad it was over, to be honest. The style was so light it was actually distracting. I've got a summer reading list but haven't picked anything new yet.

@Brian Dean-O while I'm not a huge fan of Stephen Kings writing, The Dark Tower books are my favorite of his. I've read the entire series. Also check out Eyes of the Dragon.

I'm currently reading Adventures in Modern Recording by Trevor Horn. I'm only about 30 pages in but I'm enjoying it. He talks about his life in the context of songs he was involved in recording.
I'm "reading" Insomnia, meaning I don't read actual books that much these days, so I started it quite a while ago, and still haven't finished. Love it though. Not mostly a fan, not a horror guy.

Last edited:
Got the listening and watching threads, found some great music and shows/movies perusing those threads so here’s reading…
I’m reading Stephen King’s ‘The Drawing of the Three’ for the first time. I was enjoying it and thought I’d like to know what y’all are reading currently?
Fiction and Non-fiction please if you have one of each currently being read….
The whole Dark Tower series is great.

I've read so much Stephen King it's kind of crazy.

I kind of fell off reading for a while (at least several years) however discovered a "What are you reading?" thread over on The Gear Forum and started up again.

On recommendation from that thread, I read Station Eleven and started on Spin.

Both are quite good.

I love Robert Heinlein and have read most of his books.

The whole Dark Tower series is great.

I've read so much Stephen King it's kind of crazy.

I kind of fell off reading for a while (at least several years) however discovered a "What are you reading?" thread over on The Gear Forum and started up again.

On recommendation from that thread, I read Station Eleven and started on Spin.

Both are quite good.

I love Robert Heinlein and have read most of his books.
I liked the Dark Tower series up until the end, then it just seemed he got a little lazy.

I watched The Hunt For Red October for the first time in a long time and decided to read the novel. Got an old copy for a coupe of bucks on ebay. I like the movie a lot, but the book as usual was better. I might have to do this more often. Find out which ones of my favorite movies are based on novels (that I don't already know) and check them out.

I watched The Hunt For Red October for the first time in a long time and decided to read the novel. Got an old copy for a coupe of bucks on ebay. I like the movie a lot, but the book as usual was better. I might have to do this more often. Find out which ones of my favorite movies are based on novels (that I don't already know) and check them out.
You should check out other Clancy novels from that era such as Patriot Games, etc.

Reading American Nations - A History of The Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America, by Colin Woodard currently.

It seems very insightful....

I heard an interview with Woodard on NPR some time ago, and I thought it was so damn interesting. Very cool choice, brother! I thought his insights were absolutely manhandling my head to turn it and view things from a new and clearer angle.

81mliin1g1L._SY342_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom