What are you 448 guys doing here?

LOL the Gaffer tape part was hilarious. I've done that before. "This is how we do it live people!"

Also excuse the noob question but whats the difference between mixing an IR through cab lab versus just using the stereo ultrares cab volumes and L/R blend? Like IR A at 75% and IR B at 75% like Cooper did. Is it just a way to consolidate them so they'll load in like that every time?

Last edited:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think TM is an IR, is it not? Therefor it contains more information than an EQ curve. It also contains temporal information. This is why IRs are so effective for reverbs. In that sense, i think some of the temporal characteristics of the reference will be translated to the local input, such as attack, bloom, and initial decay. To pull it off effectively though, it might be necessary to have a 'robot' play the exact same thing for both reference and local, with the same picking hardness, etc.
Like i said, i may be wrong, but welcome comment or correction. :encouragement:

Also excuse the noob question but whats the difference between mixing an IR through cab lab versus just using the stereo ultrares cab volumes and L/R blend? Like IR A at 75% and IR B at 75% like Cooper did. Is it just a way to consolidate them so they'll load in like that every time?
Essentially: nothing. The resulting output is the same. But having it as a single IR file lets you run it in a mono block, saving you some CPU, and of course you can mix >2 IRs together in Cab-Lab which you cannot do with a stereo CAB block.

Also note: Cab-Lab outputs mono IRs. So you're panning in the stereo CAB block, this is not something you can capture or do in Cab-Lab when mixing.

The part on the modifiers was great... Caught just about the whole thing being work and the rebroadcast when I got home... Long day for Cooper...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom