What amp would you buy if the Axe Fx didn't exist?

Probably back to my Mesa Road King II, or maybe even a Nomad.

I might, after having been influenced by the Axe II, have to go find a Friedman or Splawn... two amps I didn't even know about prior.

Ether a Magic MKII with a few pedals simple rig or an Egnater M-4 with the Bassman, Vox, SL2+ and EG5 mods and the Randall RT2/50 power amp and a TC G-Force and a few 212 Mesa Recto cabs.

Mesa road king. Or Sh#t probably a Kemper or the protools deal.
Thank's to Cliff I'm not even thinking about em..

FAS Amplifiers

I would buy the Fas Metal, Fas Big Hair, Fas Modern, Fas Lead, and FAS Crunch :lol

Jokes apart… If I would have never heard the Axe-FX II, then I would go back to my old rack with modellers: Marshall JMP-1 + Egnater M4 + Eventide Eclipse + Boss GT-Pro… but now I have been spoiled with many of the amps inside the AXE, like the Bogner Ectasy, Marshall Jubilee.. too many of them!!… And not to speak about all the CABS that I like!!... I would need a Road Crew!

OK, if we would've wound back time to say 2006, when a very knowledgeable, nice, humble and rather unknown guy started posting and advertising on the Huge Racks Inc. During this time I recall I was actually about to dump my Elmwood M60 and take the plunge on the Komet K60. That was just about when I heard there was something called an Axe-FX. It was just what I had always wanted. So the tone quest took an 8 month break while this thing finally arrived at my doorstep. Since 2007, when I got my Ultra, I've only seen one amp that has had me gassing for more than a sec. It came into existence rather recently and it's called Suhr Badger. So theoretically my list would be:

1. Suhr Badger
2. Komet K60
3. Elmwood M60

But still though, I can't imagine playing guitar without the Axe-FX...

I was looking into replacing my Rocktron Piranha with a Mesa Boogie Triaxis right before pulling the trigger on the Axe FX-2.

I'd still have my Mesa Tremoverb. That thing sounded sweet and was quite versatile. Shame it had tubes though ;)

I would'd have just one (if I could afford it) in this order:

Budda Twinmaster
Bogner Shiva 20th.
EVH 5150III
Fryette D60

Back
Top Bottom