What amp model are you using for your main clean sound live?

I need to get my Axe up and running for live use direct to the board and I can get great gain tones without a problem but I've never been satisfied for long with my clean tones. I've finally gotten someting close to what I want by using the JTM45 model and the multiband compressor prior to two cabinets. (Red Wires Bassman 4X10 and Bogner 4X12 cabs)

The biggest problem for me has been getting a clean tone that is thick, has a natural compression and still breaks up nicely as I play more aggressively. Too many of the clean models break up like a transistor radio, they just don't sound warm. I had to adjust the warmth, depth and thump to get things acceptable but I'm getting pretty close. I think that I will be there once I use some EQ after the cab sims.

I'm curious how others are getting the results they want. Why and how?

JT

Re: What amp model are you using for your main clean sound l

I just use the AC 30TB and back off the gain a tad and add some depth.

I also like the Tape Drive with clean stuff. Use it to emulate a RC Booster, to add thickness, body and sustain.

Fender Vibroverb does the trick for me

voes said:

The Brownface (Vibro) is also my preferred Fender amp sim. It's a bit meatier than for example the Twin.

/offtopic
Hi Patrick, I revisited your videos about duplicating pedals. Good stuff. My message above about the RC Booster is based on that.

yek said:
voes said:

The Brownface (Vibro) is also my preferred Fender amp sim. It's a bit meatier than for example the Twin.

/offtopic
Hi Patrick, I revisited your videos about duplicating pedals. Good stuff. My message above about the RC Booster is based on that.

Thanks Yek!!

Yep - Brownface is my "warmer" clean and the Shiva clean is my "sparkly" clean. I always use a tape drive at around70% mix to add a little hair when needed.

Bassguydudeman. '59. USA Clean is nice and meaty. But those I don't overdrive much

Supertweed cranked. More of a crunch tone but it responds nicely when you back of the volume if you like playing with your knob? :shock:

Double Verb, Brownface, Shiva Clean, Tweed.

Though I also just roll off volume on medium gain amps too.

I'm using Dr Z a lot lately...a touch of breakup and really nice SRVish cleans

stevorc321 said:
I'm using Dr Z a lot lately...a touch of breakup and really nice SRVish cleans

D'oh! Actually, I used that last Sunday on 2 songs. Gorgeous and full of sparkle if you push it a little bit too.

The shiva clean is amazing! I've found it to be the most user-friendly clean tone in terms of being able to find settings that sound great with any guitar.

My go-to clean sim is the Class A with a Plexi tonestack and various tweaks to advanced parameters.

Whats clean? :D

My clean still has a hint of dirt, but the Axe is so good (or maybe it's the model) that my clean, rhythm, and lead can be had all in one model using only my guitar's volume knob.

So my clean tone is the Marsha BE :mrgreen:

Jay Mitchell said:
My go-to clean sim is the Class A with a Plexi tonestack and various tweaks to advanced parameters.

That's an interesting combo. I'll have to try that out tonight.

Jay Mitchell said:

Interesting...

I'll give that a spin sometime this week.

D

Back
Top Bottom