What amp in the AXE-FX II would get me closer to BlackStar Series ONE 200

guitarzpt

Experienced
Hello,

I'm trying to record some tunes for a friend, and he really likes Ozzy Osbourne - Scream album.
This was recorded by Gus G with a BlackStar Series ONE amp.

Does anyone know in which amp was this BlackStar series ONe was inspired? Or maybe what AXE-FX II model could get me closer to this sound?

Thanks in advance
Ricardo

It seems like the Britt 800 with the tubescreamer fix would get you close. Then use the high and low cut in the amp block to get rid of a little flub the 800 naturally has. Maybe play with the input trim some as well.

Edit: You might try the Britt Brown and the FAS Brown too. Same tricks.

Yeah I had read that they used to work for marshall designing amps.
But I also read that they left marshall cause they didnt had the freedom to experiment with new sounds and designs.
Do they really sound like marshalls on steroids? For me they dont sound at all like the other marshall high gain mods.

But I will try and follow the suggestions.
Thanks guys.
If anyone else wants to chime in, your help is welcome :)

I just noticed the input trim thingie.
I thought the input trim wasnt supposed to affect the sound. I heard cliff mention somewhere that it is just to drive the AD correctly that any gain applied there is removed digitally after the AD.

I only have a HT5 here in the studio, but the ISF (Infinite Shape Feature) is aweseom, they do sound like a marshall and with the ISF you can get an EL34 sound or a 5881 sound

Call me crazy, but my Blackstar Soloist sounds to me like a mix of a JCM800 and Mesa Mark I, if you can picture that sound

Back
Top Bottom