What am I missing? Sound quality

i mean that the amp block has either too much distortion or not enough. when trying to set the gain, i can get amp block to sound really good when i play a full cord or a power cord, but when i try to "chug" (mute the strings) its when i can tell there is not enough distortion, so i give it more gain and it either sounds like it clips (not actually clipping on the output level) or i hear a thin high pitch sound. keep in mind is not all the amps, i've gotten the Diezel h4 and a few others to sound good, but the Marshall, Mesa amps and the Engle amps sound weird.
Post a clip. I'm puzzled by "thin high pitch" sound when you add gain. It would help if I could hear it.

This is interesting. Have you tried just loading up a high gain preset, disabling the power amp and cab, and trying that way? Sounds like you might be doing something odd.

And tried starting from a blank slate, just adding a high gain amp and disabling power amp sim. In your case you might try the 5153.

Lastly, and maybe most importantly, have you set the amp's speaker page settings up for your cab?

i believe i figured out what was wrong... well it was a bunch of things..

firs off, i noticed i had the amp block panned hard right, the room i was trying to dial in my tone was very small, and i was sitting right in front of my speaker cab.. a bunch a newb mistakes.

once i took my rig back to the practice place and i panned back to center the sound improved alot.

thansk for everyones help!!

Back
Top Bottom