What acoustic preamp for running to Axe3

MackieFX

Experienced
Signal from my acoustic pickup is super low in to the axe. Wondering if anyone can recommend a preamp to boost my signal from the guitar

The LR Baggs Para Acoustic DI is one I've used, even with acoustic pickups systems with built in preamps, and I really liked it. I've seen some others recently that look intriguing as well, the LR Baggs Align Series Equalizer and the Fishman AFX Pro EQ mini.

Signal from my acoustic pickup is super low in to the axe. Wondering if anyone can recommend a preamp to boost my signal from the guitar
I use an acoustic with no preamp (just he K&K transducer) and it works just fine.
You can adjust the input level for the preset in the input block.
Can you post your preset? I can take a look at it.

What pickup are you using? I have no issues with the passive K&K giving enough level. I also use input 2 for acoustic so I can leave input 1 idealized for electric and input 2 idealized for acoustic

What pickup are you using? I have no issues with the passive K&K giving enough level. I also use input 2 for acoustic so I can leave input 1 idealized for electric and input 2 idealized for acoustic
It's a DiMarzio black engel. Like 1.8K output o think. Maybe I should just use a different input alright.

I'm just wanting getting enough volume to hear the pickup sound over the acoustic guitar sound. I'll send my preset on later

That's a passive coil wound type pickup. It's a long way from the strings. I would think you would want to turn the input gain on AFX3 way up just to use that guitar. I guess if you don't want to touch the input gain maybe a boost pedal at the beginning of the chain.

I have a Grace Design Felix that I used with my K&K and it's an amazing preamp. It may be overkill but they make a smaller one (or at least they did) that could work too.

Depending on your signal chain for your other instrument, you have a filter block, compressor block and a parametric eq block that you could use to shape the tone of your pickup and boost the volume.use input 2 and you could also use output 2 to go to a PA channel

Last edited:
Reactions: Rex
Depending on your signal chain for your other instrument, you have a filter block, compressor block and a parametric eq block that you could use to shape the tone of your pickup and boost the volume.use input 2 and you could also use output 2 to go to a PA chaannel
This. I can’t think of anything an outboard preamp could do that can’t already be done inside the Axe-Fx.

I have a Grace Design Felix that I used with my K&K and it's an amazing preamp. It may be overkill but they make a smaller one (or at least they did) that could work too.
I have a K&K as well and plug directly into my AX3 and FM9 and play live all the time with it.
This issue here is going to be the input level on the input block or also the output level on the output block.

Back
Top Bottom