What’s your choice of Amp model(s) with best “feel under the fingers” ?

Thomas Obester

Experienced
Wondering what other folks love.
Not talking about sound, as I found that I can make many amp models sound amazing.
my no.1 choice is easily Cameron CCV 2C, as it has been last 6 years or so :)
What amp model feels the best to you and you come always back to it ?
from clean all the way up to high gain nirvana.

Last edited:
Depends on the mood of the day, but I bounce between a handful in pretty regular rotation.
Clean/Edge-of-Breakup:
65 Bassguy Bass
65 Bassguy Normal
6G12 Concert
FAS Buttery
AC30TB
Porta-Bass
SV Bass 2
Deluxe Tweed

Dirty:
Bludojai Lead
ODS HRM
USA IIC+ Deep or Deep Bright

It all depends on what level of distortion you’re going for. I like my dirt at classic rock levels, from EOB to Sabbath.

After a couple years of trying many models I’m using the Ruby Rocket 90% of the time. With my fav legacy IRs in Ultrares. I dabble with the Dynacabs but don’t hear any reason to change. Loving the FAS20 too. Really good EOB tones. The Diamanté Fire is great for some stuff too.

What amp model feels the best to you and you come always back to it ?
from clean all the way up to high gain nirvana.
The ODS-100 factory preset is great on stage. The "Ford" scene works wonderfully for blues, rock, pop all by controlling it from the guitar, and that particular model is supposed to be based on the schematic for Ford's Dumble. It'll go from clean to a clear and compressed sound just from the amp. IIRC, the master volume on it is sensitive so don't make big changes to it because it can get flubby, but turned up loud with a Strat, Tele, Les Paul or 335 it can sing and really responds.

193 ODS-100 CLEAN (Dumble Overdrive Special)
Yek's write-up

Also check out the BludoJai and Fox amps.

Right now this is my favorite. Made for single coils and riding both the tone (usually on 3-5 for me) and volume knob. I use this preset specifically to practice technique. Since it is on the edge, you can really focus on how your pick attack affects your tone. The pre-amp-block spring is always on, and the second reverb block is switched on or off depending on how discerning I want to be. Klon for fun/amplify string noise. Tone/Vol on 10 + bridge pickup + klon is fun. I'll have to try a fuzz sometime soon.

BTW, it is using the stock fullres IRs, so its an axe fx III only preset.

Attachments

• Delux Reverb J.Lage.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 39
It all depends on what level of distortion you’re going for. I like my dirt at classic rock levels, from EOB to Sabbath.

After a couple years of trying many models I’m using the Ruby Rocket 90% of the time. With my fav legacy IRs in Ultrares. I dabble with the Dynacabs but don’t hear any reason to change. Loving the FAS20 too. Really good EOB tones. The Diamanté Fire is great for some stuff too.
The Ruby Rocket is great, seems like it might be my ticket to cutting through a mix better. What IRs do you like?

Single Coils: The Suhrs
Stacked Single Coils: Dumble & Trainwrecks
Humbuckers: The Friedmans
7-String HBs: Engls & Diezels
Mini Humbuckers: Morgans, Budda, Suhrs, Band-Commander

Bass: Mesa

(all for studio use only)

Single Coils: The Suhrs
Stacked Single Coils: Dumble & Trainwrecks
Humbuckers: The Friedmans
7-String HBs: Engls & Diezels
Mini Humbuckers: Morgans, Budda, Suhrs, Band-Commander

Bass: Mesa

(all for studio use only)
oh yes, I forgot, herbie 3 mk1 is another one, that just feels amazing, especially for modern rock.

Back
Top Bottom