Whammy setup without PC and edit

Trawled everywhere but this one is truly rocket science..every tutorial shows set up with EV pedal on Axe Edit..why is it so complicated? Even the edit version shows the bloke leaping from parameter to page to parameter. Ironic but I've got edit I was trying to created on the fly..what about those with no PC?

Trial and error I've kind off set up a tone resembling a whammy but my pitch and and end of octave is crazy..maybe I've invented a new pedal..lool

Have you accessed the pitch block edit menu and assigned a control modifier? The parameters you see in Axe-Edit will all be there in those menus. Is there a specific point in some video where a step is taken, and you're not sure how to locate and adjust the same setting on the front panel?

Open Pitch block Edit screen
Find and highlight the "Control" Parameter - this is how you control the effect - and press Enter on it to bring up the Modifier screen
Assign the correct Source in the dropdown list
Done

if they made it so only pedals could control things, perhaps it could be even simpler than 3 steps. but we fortunately have many more options.

If they made it so only pedals could control things, perhaps it could be even simpler than 3 steps. but we fortunately have many more options.

Hmm, envelope controlled whammy? Step sequencer controlled whammy? :cool:

proper grateful for all replies and advice, but I've got the whammy kind of going and asigned to exp 2 instead of my usual wah...trouble seems to be on opening pitch and then selecting whammy..nearly all parameters are editable!
I can set volume and wah with my eyes closed! I thought the whammy would be easy. selected 12 for one octave only but not coming out right. Same as wah I just want to sweep for heel down normal to full pedal down to be full octave..I'll keep trying..ha ha only want one now cos I want to play Better Than the Real Thing and Hold Me..Thrill Me by U2! I've never really had a love for the effect. Thanks gang

Cheers bro but had this for nearly 6 years..wah and volume work just fine on all patches..surely I don't have to calibrate again now its all setup. Or do I? If I want to set up whammy. Thought once it was calibrated it was good for life. Thanks though mate

Calibrating again wouldn't hurt, but I'm not sure what you posted indicates a pedal range/calibration issue. Can you describe the sound issue more precisely than "not coming out right"?

If you reset the block (double-click BYPASS) the easiest way to configure a 1-octave whammy is this:

1. Select "Cl. Whammy" type

2. Set mix to 100%

3. Create "Control" modifier (if not already created)

See thats the problem mate, 1 2 3, but watching the tutorial even with the Axe Edit connection the blokes changes loads of parameters, some even random like " set this to 54"? Only reason I understood the 12 setting was that he must mean octave

See thats the problem mate, 1 2 3, but watching the tutorial even with the Axe Edit connection the blokes changes loads of parameters, some even random like " set this to 54"? Only reason I understood the 12 setting was that he must mean octave
Link us to this tutorial.

. Right sorry but this is a G66 so I'm not having a dig. I'm okay up to two minutes in...remember I'm not using Edit...then he goes into the stratosphere

What device is the pedal plugged into?

Did you calibrate it again?

Did you check min/max pedal values, if connected to a MIDI controller with this feature (e.g. MFC-101)?

If the pedal still can't reach maximum value, increasing modifier "scale" and "offset" will let it cover the full modifier range.

Back
Top Bottom