Whammy pedal tone help needed

sorry my axe is 25 miles away right now.

if you can post photos of your whammy settings and the Modifier pages, we can continue to help.

change auto-engage from Fast Speed to Fast Position.

if you move your pedal slowly, the "fast speed" isn't happening and it won't engage automatically.

I test that did not help either ,i was shut down that auto-engage for those two clips also. Are there something more what i need to chance ,and why my overall tuning gets higher? If i put 100% for that MIX knob ,it will raise my overall tuning little bit too high when pedal is up position not down?

change auto-engage from Fast Speed to Fast Position.

if you move your pedal slowly, the "fast speed" isn't happening and it won't engage automatically.

One thing i was notice whit offset -100% it was give good results ,for that moving range for expression pedal lick what i was play 00:21 part. When that was set -100% it was give more natural voicing for that whammy effect ,but unfortunately it was take that 2 OCT UP to 1 OCT UP about. Dont know why that was happened there ,it was sounds thought almost real Whammy in some point.

Your mix should always be at 100% for a Whammy sound. You should not control it with the pedal. If you pitch is changing slightly when you have heel down your pedal might need calibrating. Make sure your pedal is sending a clear 0-127 range of MIDI data.

I have never found any of the auto-engage stuff to work right for me, for whammy. I always assign on/off to a switch.

Sometimes with a pedal that is not working correctly at the ends of its sweep you can kind of get it to work better by playing with the start and end controls. Turn up start slightly. Like 3%-5%, and then turn end down sightly. Like 95%-98%. Too little and it does nothing, to much and the whammy will jump pitches too dramatically. The graph will look more like _/- if you do this. It will have horizontal ends at the very edges of the line. Sometimes you can get this to compensate for a pedal that is not working correctly.

EDIT: Just tried this with the unit in front of me. This is the wrong knob, haha! Forget what I said! You can do what I was talking about by turning up the scale knob slightly.

Last edited:
Yes i now keep that MIX to 100% ,and i use only that CONTROL for expression pedal. I have calibrating like it should be ,i dont have that issue whit any other expression pedal stuff. And i did not have that issue before ,problem did come when i was shut down that MIX for expression pedal.

Your mix should always be at 100% for a Whammy sound. You should not control it with the pedal. If you pitch is changing slightly when you have heel down your pedal might need calibrating. Make sure your pedal is sending a clear 0-127 range of MIDI data.

I have never found any of the auto-engage stuff to work right for me, for whammy. I always assign on/off to a switch.

Yes i now keep that MIX to 100% ,and i use only that CONTROL for expression pedal. I have calibrating like it should be ,i dont have that issue whit any other expression pedal stuff. And i did not have that issue before ,problem did come when i was shut down that MIX for expression pedal.

Remember that pitch is WAY more sensitive than other effects. Wah, volume, delay, etc... are not that picky if the pedal is slightly off, but with pitch you notice it immediately. Little details matter much more.

mix DOES NOT affect the pitch. the mix control has nothing to do with anything.

if your pedal is raised .1, your pitch will be .1 raised. your pedal is not calibrated or your pedal does not move all the way physically.

Here is third test ,now you can hear what there is happening. First clip is whit MIX 100% ,and second clip is whit MIX 100% but offset is set to -100%. First clip will raise my tuning little bit ,you can hear intro palm mute riffs that.

And second clip have same tuning what i have now ,but it will takes whammy 2 OCT UP to 1 OCT UP about ,but second sounds like whammy should sound not those nasty extra effects for tone so much. And also moving range for expression pedal feel to be like it should be ,but there is still that problem second clip do not support 2 OCT UP somehow.

Ok i was put that MIX 100% i do not use that ,whit expression pedal right now. But if there is that calibrated thing going on ,why that second take for third clip do not raise to overall tuning?

mix DOES NOT affect the pitch. the mix control has nothing to do with anything.

if your pedal is raised .1, your pitch will be .1 raised. your pedal is not calibrated or your pedal does not move all the way physically.

put your expression pedal all the way heel down.

then take a picture of the modifier screen WITH OFFSET AT 0 and post it here.

But if there is that calibrated thing going on ,why that second take for third clip do not raise to overall tuning?

because the offset off sets the position of the dot.

Yeah it is just hard to get that whammy working ,but good thing is that we have MONO feature whit that whammy now. Its sounds little bit more ORG Whammy ,that POLY have still some artifacts there unfortunately. Its little bit weird because ,i have owned Whammy V and DT those have POLY mode too.

It was only mode what i was use for those devices ,did work amazing whit all big chords too. But Axe i need to stay away for that POLY ,only using that if i must and it is last choice. I try always use octave chords ,if i use down tunings for pitch block. Because there is MONO engage ,and will sound out of tune very quick for regular power chords.

Ah, the elusive chipmunk on crystal meth tone. It's just like chasing the brown sound.

I believe that photo what i was send here ,my expression pedal is there off postion. Can you see in that photo ,what there is happening and what you need to know there?

put your expression pedal all the way heel down.

then take a picture of the modifier screen WITH OFFSET AT 0 and post it here.

because the offset off sets the position of the dot.

see how the dot is not all the way to the bottom left? that means your pedal isn't sending a 0 message. that means your pitch will be raised. it looks like it's sending something like 10 or 15.

when you change the offset, it makes that dot position = 0 because the "line" moves.

that dot needs to go all the way to the bottom left when your pedal is heel down.

your pedal isn't calibrated. or something is physically wrong.

you can't hear "10% wah" as easily as you can hear "10% pitch." which is surprising since you hear a difference between 1:00 and 1:30 on the output level knob. weird.

Back
Top Bottom