Whammy pedal tone help needed

Dimebucker

Experienced
Hi, i have used the Axe FX II Whammy pedal for a while now but i still have a little tone problem there. It was amazing that we did get the mono feature back for the Whammy, it was helpful to get out some of those artifacts there. But i must say i do not still get Original Whammy tones out of that block. It still sounds a little bit weird for me unfortunately.

If anyone has a good whammy preset, it would be nice to see your settings? The Axe FX II pitch block has so many knobs and it's kind of hard to try to emulate the Original Whammy tone. Because i don't have anymore Original Whammy pedals, i sold all of those pedals before i got my Axe FX II.

I want see how users set that Whammy block, and also how they set the expression pedal for it. With the Line6 M13 and Kemper i did not have this kind of problem. Those did have the whammy also and the tones were good. But Axe FX II have so many knobs there, it is for me, extremely hard to adjust it so that the Whammy sounds good.

I use my FCB1010 expression pedal to control ,(Mix) knob and that is set 25% and also (Control) knob that is set 100%.

Last edited:
That mix knob is control for whammy sweep somehow ,if that is set off for expression pedal that sweep do not work like it should and effect are very weak.

the Mix knob is controlling the whammy sweep? what do you mean by sweep?

what does your Control knob do?

Here is quick test clip ,i was use that CLWhammy and 2 OCT UP ,whit almost stock settings. I notice there some ring modulation ,like a reverb and ring modulations together some weird stuff. And also that Radio style disturbance a lot ,ORG Whammy did have too that kind of Radio disturbance but not that much.

Second clip Im playing that one lick ,i was rocking expression pedal down and up slowly ,and you can hear it will not react like im moving that lick down or up to fretboard. ORG Whammy did react almost like real time those moving positions for lick ,when i was rocking Whammy pedal up and down. It was sounds like i was playing that same lick ,but different positions on fretboard. That part strats in 00:21.

And that control knob works same way if i shut that down for expression pedal ,its affect same way like MIX is off for expression pedal.

That 00:21 lick in my ears do not sound very natural ,i hear it will only put there some flanger effect and radio disturbance only there. And if i set that Whammy to Poly it will get even worst ,that why i dont mainly use POLY.

the mix knob controls how much "non-whammy" signal is there vs "full whammy" signal. i think you should leave that set to 100% and don't change it with the expression pedal. it honestly makes no sense to control the Mix knob like that. 25% mix with a whammy is gonna make the effect very quiet, which you mentioned is happening.

from your sound clips though, it doesn't even sound like the Mix is changing, so i have no idea what it's doing.

the Control knob is what controls the whammy sweep.

i'd need a video showing the Modifier graph dot moving as you play to help you further.

Okey thanks for information ,what that MIX and Control do there. Yeah its weird because if i take off MOD page expression pedal 1 ,for to MIX or CONTROL knobs. There are very very weak signal then ,hard to hear is there whammy effect or not. That why i need to keep those two engage ,when im rocking Whammy for my expression pedal.

Wah-Wah i have only set my expression pedal 1 to CONTROL knob ,and its works amazing nothing bad to say that. But Whammy unfortunately do not work that good in somehow. Yeah that video would be nice ,but i dont have softwares for that. Can you come your Chat and show me how you set your Whammy ,because almost everybody have newest FW i cant test those presets?

the mix knob controls how much "non-whammy" signal is there vs "full whammy" signal. i think you should leave that set to 100% and don't change it with the expression pedal. it honestly makes no sense to control the Mix knob like that.

from your sound clips though, it doesn't even sound like the Mix is changing, so i have no idea what it's doing.

the Control knob is what controls the whammy sweep.

i'd need a video showing the Modifier graph dot moving as you play to help you further.

Or hey Chris if you can please take print screen for your CONTROL knob settings ,in that MOD page i think there is some what i need to chance? Because lots of things happened there if chance values there ,if you could please take photo and share that for here i can test right away those settings then.

Can you make a soundcloud recording of what it sounds like when your whammy is hard to hear?

I was shut down that MIX engage for expression pedal for that clip ,but i think that weak effect is because it have only 25% MIX there then. I was raise that MIX up to 100% and it was get more powerful ,but it was raise my overall tuning also higher when pedal was back to normal position weird.

Chris put here photos for your settings ,i can test those right away. And we then see is my problem solved or not ,because that MOD page is very important for that Whammy block.

Back
Top Bottom