Whammy impro from last night gig with my band

Curious your tuning? DADGAD per chance?? If not, with your style, I would think you would really enjoy, and excel by trying a DADGAD tuned weekend day alone in your studio room. (Drink a cold Irish beer first, if yer-a-drinkah)

I can see it now, a celt wearing, bearded, drunk, scotish bagpipe clad player walk up to you, asking, "hey, my brother, where can ah get me ah ped-del like dat one for me pipes???, I'm feelin a we bit left out after herin ya pushin dat thing"

BTW - Fun stuff, enjoyed the humble balance between nice chord tones, (nice tube-like tones there for sure) and the pitched bagpipe style leads. I really Liked the simple rise and fall synth tone at the end -> 5:07-5:14

EDIT - Really connecting with the link to "Cry for Me w/Echo" on reply #23 above. Played it looped a few times over while indulging my fresh ground coffee here this morning (PST here in so cal)
Brother, you are all over that stuff. Great work, excellent tone in a big way and nice fluid like, relaxed yet precise style all around!! Cheers (I am not a big compliment guy either) for some reason the tone on that last song reminded me of Schenker's early UFO / MSG tones at a few points. Can't say why, but I hear it. Are you a M.S. fan??

Last edited:
Hey, thanks :) Yes I'm a big Michael Shenker fan, in fact I uploaded a full performance of his solo on "Rock bottom" from the "Strangers in the night" live version on Facebook. I'm influenced by many guitar heroes from the seventies, the Blackmore, Buck Dharma, Shenker, Roth, Nugent, all the six corders from Thin Lizzy etc etc. And in the eighties I listened to Van Halen, then Satriani & co
EDIT : jeez, Mozilla 1.2.1 on my Mac OS 9.2 erased the end of my message (yes, that's what I use at work, lol)… So, I wrote that the more different influences you have, the better because they all became more dilluted. Although Stach still remains one of my more evident influences, because I a legato/tapping player (I have to compensate for a weak right hand)

Last edited:
Hey, thanks :) Yes I'm a big Michael Shenker fan, in fact I uploaded a full performance of his solo on "Rock bottom" from the "Strangers in the night" live version on Facebook.
I knew it! Being a big time fan of M.S. as well as literally that same list you mentioned, I hear that influence in there.

It is a strange thing how certain influences can leave such a distinct imprint, as to become a piece, or a component of the whole that we become as musicians. Enough so that a guy hearing you play can say, You were a fan of a certain musician from way back when, and be right. Not a clone by any means, not at all. Just like the Cinnamon that one might taste in a certain dish. It's not in your face, but if you know your flavors/musicians, you can taste/hear it for sure. Good playing.
BTW - your Satch tones have a little more soulful feel and a little less sterile/precise-ness (in a good way) than Satch's. It's all those other influences, I.e., Gary Moore T.L., Dharma, Blackmore etc.

I agree with the last posts - very cool presets and perfect playing !!!

Nethertheless I'm still searching for the exact "Electric Gypsy" tone - Anybody reached it already ?

Here's my (bad) attempt , maybe you can help me improve it ;)
(I sounds too distorted - not the nice punch Andy always has)

Attachments

• AT Electric Gypsy.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 13
Freman,
Nice tones - great ear.
Hey, can you post your presets used during your "Noodling at the soundcheck"?

Freman,
Nice tones - great ear.
Hey, can you post your presets used during your "Noodling at the soundcheck"?
I can't upload to Axechange, maybe a bug with Firefox... PM me your email. I'm about to finish updating my three banks to V7 - just before V8 is out, lol

Back
Top Bottom