Whammy down to octave up via Mission SP1?

Davus PG

Inspired
Our band are covering Lonely Boy by The Black Keys.

I have the whammy pedal at the start down, but then need to play the little riff following it that I believe has a pitch shift with the octave above.

I have a Mission SP1 with toe switch, so was thinking of assigning the toe switch to change scene to one with the pitch block on Y and Octave up? My toe would be down anyway from the whammy pedal dive.

Would that work?

I'm away from my AX8 at the moment but thought I'd pose the question.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Just use the toe switch to toggle the X/Y state of the pitch block. On the X state have it be an octave down, on the Y state octave up. Then set it to auto-bypass in toe-up configuration. I do this in one of the presets in this pack here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/trey-a-for-ax8-fw9-04.138253/ -- though I use an onboard switch to toggle X/Y on the pitch block instead of an external. Works the same though.

Thanks! I'll give this a try when I get home tonight. Been waiting to find a use for the toe switch on the SP1!

If you go with @GuitarDojo's suggestion you can definitely use the toe switch to switch scenes instead of just the X/Y state of the pitch block. Either approach works. Just depends on how much you need to change with a single button press, really.

Could the two mods explain how to use an external switch to switch scenes or change the x/y state of a block?

Could the two mods explain how to use an external switch to switch scenes or change the x/y state of a block?
Assign switch as an external controller, attach controller to X/Y state? My AX8 isn't at home so I can't give you exact steps right now, sorry.

Thanks for all the tips. Successfully set the toe switch of the SP1 to switch the Pitch block from X (whammy down) to Y (Octave up). Tried it at rehearsal last night and was perfect.

Got me thinking that on a couple of songs where I switch to my lead scene and use wah, I've been ending the solo, coming off the SP1 and then moving my foot to whichever scene switch I want to change back to.

How would I set the toe switch of the SP1 to change to a scene number? That way I'm back onto my rhythm scene without moving my feet.

Couldn't find where to assign it?

i just set a Switch to CS1 and momentary, adjust the Damping for the timing, and hit it when i want the dive. i let go and it comes back up.
I use a block that @chris posted last year and it works great. I assign it to a momentary switch and it's perfect for me. I also planned to use my sp1 at first but it's much more consistent using one of the normal buttons. Timing is easy too.

I don't think it's an octave btw, something like 7 semi's? E down to the A? Too early here for my brain but a forum search for Chris and lonely boy should find out.

I use a block that @chris posted last year and it works great. I assign it to a momentary switch and it's perfect for me. I also planned to use my sp1 at first but it's much more consistent using one of the normal buttons. Timing is easy too.

I don't think it's an octave btw, something like 7 semi's? E down to the A? Too early here for my brain but a forum search for Chris and lonely boy should find out.
Yeah if you listen to the recording he isn’t diving a full octave. I believe it’s down a 5th which would be 7 semitones or so. When people whammy down the full octave, it doesn’t sound right.

Back
Top Bottom