We've lost an awesome one to the darkside...

I sold my Axe Fx last month for the same reason Eric did. I got burned out tweaking all the time. It didn't take long for me to get over that though because I bought another one and it will be here next week. I thought I'd be fine with Revalver and the Eleven plug in. There are elements in each of those that I like but Axe felt better and had several more usable sounds and I guess I must have taken that for granted.

I guess it's easy to get lost with all the options on the AXE-FX.
At some point you must stop tweaking to create music.
If this is a problem you have to force yourself.
If that doesn't work I guess selling the AXE is an option as well.

Personally I get sometimes lost in tweakland but I snap out of it.
I really play the same 3 presets 90% of the time.... and I'm happy.

Great clip DieSchmalle

I think many of us are in search of that "ultimate tone". At some point it becomes a trade-off between tweaking and playing. I've owned/sold most of the better modeling devices out there, and been down the tube amp route too. They have all been a LOT of work!!
As a non-professional cover band weekend warrior kinda musician, I'm not looking for a signature tone. I need to replicate someone else's signature tone. :)

That's why I love the Axe. I can tweak in depth if I want, but I can still get GREAT tone and playability by keeping it SIMPLE.
Hook up an amp and a cab (lets not even factor in IR's here) and do some minor "tone" tweaks on the main amp block page, and TA-DA!
The one MAJOR factor (for me) that puts it ahead of EVERY of modeler out there... it sounds GREAT out of the box.
I don't have to spend weeks tweaking factory patches to get something usable. 'Nuf said.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom