We're opening for Umphreys in October!

kag

Inspired
I'm excited and humbled to say that my band (cbdb) is going to be direct support for Umphreys Mcgee on October 17th at Hampden Sydney College! I've been using the fractal since 2009 and I'm looking forward to hopefully talking shop with Jake about gear/playing and all things guitar. Maybe I can procure a quick lesson as well. :)

Last edited:
Great band... saw them here in Virginia earlier this year. Do you play a similar genre of music to UM ?
Best wishes for your visit to Farmville!

Thanks Jul! I'd say we're fairly similar to UM. We draw from a pretty wide range of bands; King Crimson to Blind Melon, Paul Simon to Dream Theater, Cake to Snarky Puppy. Our old album (phone.keys.wallet) is on spotify but the album we're recording now (Joyfunk is Dead) is much more progressive and heavy. We have a lot of our newer material on soundcloud, mostly soundboard recordings from various shows (all axe fx direct). Here's a link; https://soundcloud.com/cbdbband
Cheers!

Just heard them at Lockn Festival. They kicked complete ass, Do they use Axe Fx? I was way back, but sound was awesome. Their sound was huge and powerful. Not stuff I'd listen to often, but live they were excellent.

They're sure to go down as one of the best jam/progressive rock bands of all time. I think they mainly use Boogies, Fenders, Marshalls, Fuchs, and Oldfields. I'm curious of what they think of the Axe Fx. I heard the set at Lockn was a heater!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forum Fiend v1.2.10.

F@ck yea bro!!! That should be awesome. I met the UM boys at a VIP night at Red Rocks a couple of years ago. All of them are really chill.

Have a great time and great show!!

Last edited:
It's been a while but I figured I'd give an update. Opening for UM was awesome! Jake had some really nice things to say after the show. I used the axe fx direct and it worked wonderfully. Here's a video someone took of most of our last song "Numbers" with an Immigrant Song sandwich, and a few pictures from the night. Cheers!
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...twIwAA&usg=AFQjCNHQHrwum6iQCWfRHtbh41e6fwBNIg
ffb9f6f930c7fffe798524b388474cd8.jpg

6f6109960cd14fa87a51575b22609182.jpg

76ec0cf05093b2905c964f38663dfbba.jpg
bcebbb354bc68451b05a9c022be52ebd.jpg
bc5fa9b9493e03a8a0a32f1f26c2153b.jpg

Last edited:
This is awesome! Hopefully you'll get a chance to show off your Fractal stuff to Jake and Brendan!

Back
Top Bottom