Welcome Don "BUCK DHARMA" Roeser of Blue Öyster Cult to the Fractal Audio Family!

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
It is with great pride that we announce the addition of Don "BUCK DHARMA" Roeser of Blue Öyster Cult to the Fractal Audio family of artists. Don has been using the Axe-Fx III for recording for some time, and has now switched to the FM3 for his live rig -- right alongside fellow BÖC member Danny Miranda, whose bass rig is also the FM3.

"Fractal Audio gives me their uniquely great sounding examples of popular and desired guitar amps, cabs, and effects in one box. Plus I can deep dive and tweak to my heart’s content. Super convenient. Win-win!"
Don Roeser
"The Fractal is a revelation! It not only gives me the sound of my amps but the FEEL as well! It is a living, breathing entity - an extension of my playing - with all the air and nuance that a great amplifier gives you. I finally feel like I’m totally in control of how I want to sound."
Danny Miranda (Bass: Queen + Paul Rodgers, MeatLoaf, Blue Öyster Cult, etc.)
1668548082147.png

Wow, I didn’t see that one coming. I went to high school with Ritchie Castellano who has been playing with BOC for quite a while now and I’d consider him to be a Helix power user, which makes me surprised that he wasn’t able to lure Buck over to the Helix. No dis to the Helix at all, it’s capable of great tones, I’m just surprising being that close to someone with the depth of knowledge Ritchie has with it still didn’t pull Buck in. Cool!

FAS is killin’ it lately on all fronts!

It is with great pride that we announce the addition of Don "BUCK DHARMA" Roeser of Blue Öyster Cult to the Fractal Audio family of artists. Don has been using the Axe-Fx III for recording for some time, and has now switched to the FM3 for his live rig -- right alongside fellow BÖC member Danny Miranda, whose bass rig is also the FM3.

"Fractal Audio gives me their uniquely great sounding examples of popular and desired guitar amps, cabs, and effects in one box. Plus I can deep dive and tweak to my heart’s content. Super convenient. Win-win!"
Don Roeser
"The Fractal is a revelation! It not only gives me the sound of my amps but the FEEL as well! It is a living, breathing entity - an extension of my playing - with all the air and nuance that a great amplifier gives you. I finally feel like I’m totally in control of how I want to sound."
Danny Miranda (Bass: Queen + Paul Rodgers, MeatLoaf, Blue Öyster Cult, etc.)

It’s awesome they’re using the baby of the family for their rigs. There’s a LOT of great sounds in them thar boxes!

Are they using additional FC units with their FM3s?

Buck is probably my favorite guitar player of all time. He's used a lot of different gear over the years (I've personally seen him live with modern Marshalls, a Crate Red Voodoo, and an Engl E530 preamp but he's also used Marks, classic Engls, classic Marshalls, and Music Mans) and the Fractal stuff should give him the versatility that he's into. Last I checked he was a fan of stacking overdrives into the front of a slightly-dirty rented backline so I'm interested to see what he does with the Fractals.

Last edited:
Welcome to the family Don! My very first rock concert was BOC back in 1982 Swing Auditorium San Berdo! I can still see and hear it what a great show!

Back
Top Bottom