Welcome DAVE MURRAY of IRON MAIDEN to the Fractal Audio Artist Roster

Hey!

I ordered my FM3 because of Dave. I got it yesterday! It is indeed a perfect choice for a Murray fanboy.

This is a huge upgrade for me. I can't express my happiness and satisfaction enough. I received it as a gift for my 30th birthday from my lovely wife.

I have been playing only Iron Maiden, exclusively Dave's parts, since 2009. I am also Murray in a Maiden tribute band since 2010.

I hope that we'll get his original preset one day... that would be so cool!

I had enough time to create a good DM preset already with my friend who has had a FM3 for a couple of months already... I can send it to you if you'd like to have it. I will test it on Thursday on my gig properly. Sounds delicious at home though.

If you have made a replica of his preset, I'd be happy to test it on my Murray signature guitars. Or if you have something close enough... I am sure I am missing some features as I am still fresh with the FM3 setup .

Well done @ZenRigs Man - I saw them 10 times during last summer - Dave sounded PERFECT every night!

Thanks guys, Fractal rocks!

Hey!

I ordered my FM3 because of Dave. I got it yesterday! It is indeed a perfect choice for a Murray fanboy.

This is a huge upgrade for me. I can't express my happiness and satisfaction enough. I received it as a gift for my 30th birthday from my lovely wife.

I have been playing only Iron Maiden, exclusively Dave's parts, since 2009. I am also Murray in a Maiden tribute band since 2010.

I hope that we'll get his original preset one day... that would be so cool!

I had enough time to create a good DM preset already with my friend who has had a FM3 for a couple of months already... I can send it to you if you'd like to have it. I will test it on Thursday on my gig properly. Sounds delicious at home though.

If you have made a replica of his preset, I'd be happy to test it on my Murray signature guitars. Or if you have something close enough... I am sure I am missing some features as I am still fresh with the FM3 setup .

Well done @ZenRigs Man - I saw them 10 times during last summer - Dave sounded PERFECT every night!

Thanks guys, Fractal rocks!
I'm also playing mostly Murray parts in a Maiden tribute band. Check 3rd party IRs using T75s and the JMP-1 OD1 with Bass shift for his sound.

I tried a patch today with some different scenes of the JMP-1 with the power amp modeling turned off and ran it into the FX return of my Superlead into a JCM800 4x12 and it sounded fantastic. A little noisier than my solid state power amp but so satisfying.
I'm currently rethinking my rig.

@chumbucket and @dbonilla28

I'd appreciate if you can drop it to my inbox or here. Thanks.
There's nothing to it really. I set up three scenes of different JMP1 amps of varying degrees of gain. I didn't even tweak the tone controls much at all, just the gain control. Turned off the power amp modeling and adjusted the presence and resonance on the Marshall head.
I A/B'ed the Marshall head vs a few solid state power amps ( with PA modeling turned back on) and there was no comparison really. The only down side was the noise. Even though I was using a humbuster cable, there was a significant amount of noise using the Marshall power section and I'm overly sensitive to it. I also didn't care much for how the amp heated up my jam room.

Back
Top Bottom