Not a Bug Weird latency problem with Logic Pro X and AxeFx2

Hi,

first of all, I'm relatively sure my problem is AxeFx related, since no one else who uses Logic (checked a couple forums) has ever encountered this problem. Hope anyone using the AxeFx and Logic to record can maybe help.

So, after recording and bouncing a track, I have problems with latency in Logic Pro. While I create the track in Logic everything works fine, just after bouncing it and going back to the Logic project to keep working in it all the AxeFx tracks have latency.

I already checked if stuff like buffer size or recording latency in the audio settings change after bouncing the project, but it all stayes the same.

I updated logic and my AxeFx to the latest versions, but the problem is the same.

Hope anyone can help since its really frustrating.

Thanks for your time!

Cheers,
Christoph

Hola Señor,

can you elaborate? Why are you bouncing after recording? If I can understand your process maybe I can help. Are you saying that you bounce a track and then it moves in the project?

if you're bouncing by sending the audio out of logic, through the axe fx and back into logic, of course the newly recorded track will be behind the originals, due to the latency in the system. you can't get around this. you could do it with a simple click and then compare the original track with the bounced one and see exactly how far it is behind and then move the bounced track back by that amount.
why are you bouncing? is it for re-amped guitar tracks?

btw - if you want to bounce tracks in logic, use the "bounce in place" command. select all the regions you want to bounce together and hit Ctrl+B. it'll do the bounce internally, without sending the audio out and bringing it back in again. no latency.

Sorry for the late replay, but thank you all for your tips! And it helped! No latency anymore after bouncing a track :) Thanks again and cheers

Back
Top Bottom