Weird issue

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
So I just got my Mission Engineering SP-1 pedal and updated my firmware today to 10.02. I have a Ground Control Pro and I'm in setup mode hooking up the SP-1 to external controllers 1 and 2. I begin to realize that I have to actually program the pedal on every single preset on my GCP in addition to my Axe fx II, oh well it's annoying but i'll live. So I've got the pedal set up on my first 3 presets as a wah-wah and when I start setting it up on my 4th preset(preset 7 on the axe-fx), i save the change and then when i click button 4 on my GCP, it now switches to preset 259. I test my other set of 3 presets and now my first GCP clean preset starts on 256 on the axe fx. What in the world did I do to make this happen and what can i do to get my GCP and Axe Fx back to normal communication with each other(for example preset 1 on my GCP should be preset 0 on the Axe fx). I'm confused and can't figure out what the hell i did....thanks in advance, and to anyone that helps and happens to ever be in Vegas, free tix to see my headline show recycled percussion at the quad. thanks!!

sounds like your GCP sent a bank change message (CC#0 value: 2).....so you're on bank C now
the manual says : Bank select commands persist until another valid bank select is received or the unit is rebooted. Remember
that DISPLAY OFFSET (p. 137) can add one (1) to all of the preset numbers (non-bold).

Sounds like bank issues. Either the Axe-Fx is on a higher bank, or the GCP is sending bank messages along with PC messages.

I reinstalled firmware version 9.02 just on a whim, and now the GCP works again the way it used to without my doing anything bank related...hmm...

Back
Top Bottom