Weekend gigs with 6.0

RDH

Fractal Fanatic
Well I have to say 6.0 is by a good margin the best so far! tweaking my patches was a new experience, reset amp block , sounded great from the start as I tweaked sweet spots were easy to find! not much effort at all ! took a minute or two per preset I would say ! as allways I was a little concerned for the first gig about how patches translated, Exellent! never been happier with them! also seems to me like the patches I've downloaded ( Tone Match or created patches translate well ) could be used , for me for the first time! Rock on Fractal ! This is Awesome!

I agree. I am very pleased with how it sounds, had a great gig and used my first tone matching preset for Summer of '69 (which sounds so like the record I'm thrilled with the result)!

6.0 kicked serious tail for me this weekend. No tone matching, just tweaked my normal Plexi, Wrecker and fender clean patches for stereo K12's. I'm so dang happy!!!

One other thing I found out while tweaking before gig. I guess I am used to delays not being high cut (tape delay preset).
so I undid the hi cut (left low cut) lo and behold I am getting happier with my delays.

Did a small festival gig solo, other dudes had marshalls, vox, and a new EVH head.
Sorry but my tone blew them away!!!!

Last edited:
Did a small festival gig solo, other dudes had marshalls, vox, and a new EVH head.
Sorry but my tone blew them away!!!!

Yeah, but the guy with the new EVH head can leave his guitar lying in front of the speaker cab turned up & feeding back for a month without killing the amp. A VERY useful feature. :roll

6.0 is an awesome improvement. I liked it through my studio monitors, but I loved it at gig volume during rehearsal yesterday. Really cuts through well and the distinctiveness of each amp model is more pronounced. With firmware 11.0, you could get an Ultra to sound as good but it took a lot more tweaking and not every model fully delivered. II and 6.0 make it easy and so far all of the amp models seem useable.

Thank you Fractal. Love the update!

I'm getting a new EVH head soon. Will add the model.

Hey Cliff,

You need to spend a couple of months modeling a Mai Tia on a beach in Tahiti!

Not only have you earned it, but we don't want you burning out on us!

You've just proven that you can get the axe to sound like any amp on the planet. Now go clear your head and let the next epiphany come that will take the axe "where no amp has gone before".

Back
Top Bottom