Wedding gig-but no Santana to be found :-(

Stratman68

Axe-Master
Wedding gig-but no Santana to be found -Part way there

EDIT: OK-Got pretty close this time-This preset is from the Ultra modified for the AXEFX II
Edit#2: Sorry-Compressor needs to be bypassed for the original sound

Don't play out much at all anymore-just record and write.Small 2nd bedroom Home studio. Anyhow I know most here are tired of this and also not a busload of Santana folks around, Very understandable. I used to be many moons ago. But I digress. In my Ultra I had at least 3 nice Santana type presets. Yup, you guessed it-playin' at a old friends wedding and his bride to be is a Santana nut. The songs ae easy to play but without the three patches from the Ultra I am lost. I am not so great at making patches-no patience. But I do fine modifying presets and modifying others that are uploaded. Thought I was there with the FAS Lead 1 but cannot get there. Gonna play Europa as their wedding dance song. Smooth for her parents and a few other older ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Up against a wall. Not for lack of trying. I copied the RoMe Mesa patch as best I could from the Ultra but it just isn't there. Using a Strat with Seymour Duncan P-Rails, the newer ones in N & B. SRV 1 in middle. Best this old Strat man could do as far as humbuckers. Guitar sounds great with, like Bluesy Wrecker.
Anyway-sorry for the long boring post
Thanks

Last edited:
No, not a joke. I programmed two Synth blocks to provide conga and maracas-type sounds
in a Latin style rhythm in addition to a Mesa Boogie Mark I rig with both 'Lead' and 'Rhythm'
amp channels. All a growing boy needs (musically)!

While I do appreciate the gesture, latin percussion in my guitar patches I don't want.
But than you for the efforts. As long as I can strip them out I'll be good.
Thanks much

Back
Top Bottom